I had been planning on buying a Glock, should I wait now?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I had been contemplating a Glock 10mm purchase this year before all this virus stuff broke out, just kept putting it off. Now it seems like people are panic buying, and I wonder if it’s too late ? Should I wait for this stuff to hopefully die down a bit or pull the trigger now? My only concern is not really knowing what’s going to happen over the coming weeks. I’ve got guns, but I don’t currently own a pistol. If shot gets western around here, I’d much rather have a handgun with me than toting around my AR !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grumman

WKR
Go for it. One sporting goods store I stopped in was sold out of 9mm but had plenty of 10mm on the shelf.

If the price hasn't change much and there is ammo. I would go for it as well. I bought the glock 40. 10mm last year and love it.

Graves14

WKR
Absolutely get it, as long as you aren’t getting gouged on the price. I doubt there’s a huge run on 10mm so ammo should be available.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
If you are in CO, there is one listed on CO AR 15, with 5 mags and ammo for a very good deal. He’s up in Ft Collins / Wellington area. something i would like but don’t ”need”

Buying a gun is never the wrong choice, unless buying 2 or more guns is an option.

Panic buying seems to be focused on “self defense” type stuff. Not sure how many people are buying 10mm. Ammo supplies in most places are getting weird but it is mostly the military Calibers.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. I don’t see 10 mm in high demand right now. I also agree with the above logic about your AR being your primary. Handgun is just a backup.

Rich M

WKR
If you really want a bugout kind of thing - get a carbine. in a stressful situation your handgun capabilities are very limited when pressed for accuracy. A red dot on a carbine is good out to 100 yards or so.

Jbehredt

WKR
I bought my 20 in the middle of the last big panic. Paid something on the order of $560 on consignment. Had tru glos, a few mags, and a couple boxes of ammo so not completely out of line but a premium for sure. Still one of my favorite guns despite getting off on the wrong foot.

I would never wait if you think you need a defensive firearm. Dont pay double normal price though either.
If things do get crazier than normal I'll be bringing my ar with me any time I'm in the truck, along with a handgun. My sbr will fit in a backpack so no one will even know I have it. A carbine is the best gun you can have in a gunfight. Can fight at any range.

N2TRKYS

WKR
If you're truly buying it for personal protection, get something that you'll enjoy carrying. That 10mm will be heavy and you'll eventually stop toting it. So, buy the 10mm and a good, lightweight carry gun.

You're welcome. Lol

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
I had never planned on buying a 10mm for personal protection, but for bear protection. Ive always carried just spray and my hunting firearm or bow with me in griz country, but going on hunts with my now 14 year old son, I want the additional layer of protection in griz country of the 10mm Glock.
I do have a 16" barrel AR carbine in 6.8, and a bunch of ammo for it, but if I buy the Glock 20, it will have serve multiple functions (personal protection and griz protection).

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
Pulled the trigger on a new gen4 g20 at Scheels for $579. Probably not a deal but not a ripoff either . Background checks are running 4-5 days they said... I also picked up the last 4 boxes of 10mm ammo they had on the shelf!

I got the G20 last September I have zero complaints or regrets, check out ammosupplywarehouse.com I just got a bunch of 10mm, boxes of 50 for 18$ and change

FWIW Pennsylvania just shut down most businesses. Gun shops, for the most part (excluding those embedded in other businesses) are not exempt. Strong chance other states make this move.

Sled

WKR
i have a gen 3 glock 20 that i haven't carried in years. i would if in grizz country but generally just carry my pocket pea shooter (lcp 380). works for 2 leggers and thin skinned game.

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
i have a gen 3 glock 20 that i haven't carried in years. i would if in grizz country but generally just carry my pocket pea shooter (lcp 380). works for 2 leggers and thin skinned game.

Yeah the sole purpose of the purchase was because I'm spending more time in griz country. Man, I am glad I got it when I did, I feel like if a guy wanted to make a purchase today, they might not be able to.