I had been planning on buying a Glock, should I wait now?

davsco

WKR
find a range that rents them and try before you buy. for two reasons. one, the 10mm does have a relatively stout recoil, so double (or more...) taps won't be quite as easy. two, the glock 10mm/45 frames are a little larger than their 9/40/357sig models. just make sure they fit your hands well.

i ended up selling my g20 and if i want to carry a full size gun i will just carry my glock 22 or 35 in .40 or my glock 31 or 32 in 357 sig. both of which calibers have a good selection of hd/sd loads out there.

I had been contemplating a Glock 10mm purchase this year before all this virus stuff broke out, just kept putting it off. Now it seems like people are panic buying, and I wonder if it’s too late ? Should I wait for this stuff to hopefully die down a bit or pull the trigger now? My only concern is not really knowing what’s going to happen over the coming weeks. I’ve got guns, but I don’t currently own a pistol. If shot gets western around here, I’d much rather have a handgun with me than toting around my AR !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what is your actual concern? I say go for it.... but that's always my answer when someone is on the fence about buying a new gun. should have plenty of time to get familiar with it right now. I have a glock 20 for woods carry (hunting, fishing, scouting) and love it. some crazy firepower in a firearm you don't know is there if you carry it right.

for around here, there is no better woods carry gun made.... mine gets full of debris, fern pollen, and gets wet a lot, and nothing phases it. it has sat in the holster wet for days on end, take it apart and it still looks new inside (besides normal wear from firing it)

I have no idea how glock makes their pistols so impervious to weather, everything rusts around here.... but my glocks never have.

my stainless rifles rust more than my glocks, and I take better care of them

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
what is your actual concern? I say go for it.... but that's always my answer when someone is on the fence about buying a new gun. should have plenty of time to get familiar with it right now. I have a glock 20 for woods carry (hunting, fishing, scouting) and love it. some crazy firepower in a firearm you don't know is there if you carry it right.

for around here, there is no better woods carry gun made.... mine gets full of debris, fern pollen, and gets wet a lot, and nothing phases it. it has sat in the holster wet for days on end, take it apart and it still looks new inside (besides normal wear from firing it)

I have no idea how glock makes their pistols so impervious to weather, everything rusts around here.... but my glocks never have.

my stainless rifles rust more than my glocks, and I take better care of them

My concern was local gun stores in a frenzy and not being able to get one. I had been contemplating buying one anyways before all this virus stuff broke out. I actually went down and purchased it last week, and it took a week for the background check to come in, and I bought the last 4 boxes of ammo they had as well. The gun buying around here is worse than the run on TP, so I am glad I bought it when I did! I did not buy it for the virus apocalypse, although its nice to have a handgun around, I bought it because I've spending alot more time in griz country with my family, and I just feel way more secure with a 10mm and spray, than just spray, or just spray and bow or bolt gun.

My concern was local gun stores in a frenzy and not being able to get one. I had been contemplating buying one anyways before all this virus stuff broke out. I actually went down and purchased it last week, and it took a week for the background check to come in, and I bought the last 4 boxes of ammo they had as well. The gun buying around here is worse than the run on TP, so I am glad I bought it when I did! I did not buy it for the virus apocalypse, although its nice to have a handgun around, I bought it because I've spending alot more time in griz country with my family, and I just feel way more secure with a 10mm and spray, than just spray, or just spray and bow or bolt gun.
heck yeah... have you shot it yet? they are actually pretty mellow. a friend of mine has the G27 and it's more snappy than my 20. the 20 isa really nice woods carry gun, you'll love it.

FWIW - gun stores (that don’t have other retail operations) were not part of the “essential” business list here in PA. All shut down as of last week. TBD when the reopen but I would expect a couple of months at least.

You may want to buy it and ammo now and set it aside, if you don’t have a use for it. You can decide later to keep it Or not but at least you will have the option.

a couple months? I don't think so..... we are all very screwed if that's the case..... won't have to worry about coronavirus if that turns into reality.... you will have a lot higher chance of getting killed by a desperate person