I hate my iphone

MattB

WKR
Venting frustrations

Just purchased the iPhone 13 pro max in December.. I absolutely hate it

Will NOT connect to the blue tooth in my truck for more than 2 minutes and then disconnects and locks up truck radio and the phone..
—apparently this is a known issue with no resolve in sight——

People I call only are able to hear every other word when I talk

Internet speed even while on 5g times out and is unable to finish search

Group messages unable to see full size videos / YouTube links

Yes I have updated

Complete waste of money
I have a relatively new 11 and am having the same BT issue you are, so frustrating that my phone won't act like a phone.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Is the car your trying to connect to a toyota? My wife is having the same issue after upgrading her iPhone. Works a couple mins and then disconnects. A friend at work also has problems with his iPhone connecting to his tundra. My galaxy works fine and I just upgraded a couple weeks ago. Wife's ready to trade the toyota in because of this issue. Toyota claims it is an iPhone problem and not on their end. I know her last iPhone before the latest update came out, it worked fine.

Ive had the same Samsung galaxy s8 active for 5 years with no case, my fellow koreans got this one right lol. Only one that can withstand all the water and abuse ive tried. Never had an iphone and never will! Lol

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Is the car your trying to connect to a toyota? My wife is having the same issue after upgrading her iPhone. Works a couple mins and then disconnects. A friend at work also has problems with his iPhone connecting to his tundra. My galaxy works fine and I just upgraded a couple weeks ago. Wife's ready to trade the toyota in because of this issue. Toyota claims it is an iPhone problem and not on their end. I know her last iPhone before the latest update came out, it worked fine.
Yes. It’s a 2017 Tacoma

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
...interesting turn ...I'm suspicious the whole thread is about getting some good reasons to convince the better half to cash out the money for a new car ....:unsure::cool:😁
Well not to digress from the original post of this thread… but from an economic / tax write off my Tacoma is technically my “work vehicle “ and the new Ford Maverick hybrids are getting 40mpg and are much more economical monthly payment wise… the Tacoma does have 141k on it and is otherwise in good condition. Dealer has offered to buy multiple times for a good amount over what I owe…. I would definitely come out to the good overall debt and monthly payment

But the Taco has been so reliable I’m thinking not a smart decision currently even though it looks good on paper...My experience Fords are either really good or really really bad..
I also don’t care for either dealership in our area. I used to like Toyota… but they have managed to piss me off; royally piss me off over three lug nuts and the back up lights they installed

I have to commute between 35 min to an hour to work 3-4 days a week so the miles add up quick.
But regardless it be a Toyota/ Android or Ford /Android

Im just at a point to where I want the same customer service people expect from me and I’m tired of arguing for it and I’m just not going to keep this skitty arse phone that I just paid for and subsequently can’t use it for what I bought it

MattB

WKR
Yes it is ('18 4runner), and I just had the dealership do the audio system update that came out in a factory service bulletin in January to no avail. My iPhone worked perfectly in the car until the 15.1 or 15.1.1 iOS update.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I've done everything I can to fix the wife's issue with her tacoma (15). Deleted everything and reinstalled and pair everything from new. Nothing has worked. Either toyota needs to come out with an update to fix the issue or we wait for iphone to do something about it. Neither 1 seem like they wanna do anything. After talking to multiple people it sounds like an iPhone issue but I haven't seen any other car manufacturers have this problem. But I can conform her iPhone 10 worked fine. But they day she paired the iPhone 13, it hasn't worked since then. I pisses me off because will be talking and it just cuts out and you hear her scrambling for her phone. Not safe. Sounded like she was in a car accident the first time it happened before i knew what was going on. It will either disconnect Bluetooth or hang up all together.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I hate cell phones. People sitting next to each other texting, walking and driving while looking at their phones, phones going off in movie theater or, someone checking whatever on their phone and the screen is lit up like the moon. Robo calls ten times a day. Going out to dinner and everyone there is on their phone, including the people I'm with. No body communicates any more unless it's through their phone. I hate cell phones, except when I NEED one.

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
...my 4WD is so old ... it came with a radio and a CD drive (the younger ones won't know what this is) ...no issues with my phone, just the sound of the 4 cyl diesel, or music from the radio or CD ...I guess I'm blessed 😊

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Venting frustrations

Just purchased the iPhone 13 pro max in December.. I absolutely hate it

Will NOT connect to the blue tooth in my truck for more than 2 minutes and then disconnects and locks up truck radio and the phone..
—apparently this is a known issue with no resolve in sight——

People I call only are able to hear every other word when I talk

Internet speed even while on 5g times out and is unable to finish search

Group messages unable to see full size videos / YouTube links

Yes I have updated

Complete waste of money
My girlfriend got an iPhone 13 Pro a week ago and has been having similar issues with BT. She updated to the latest iOS and it seems better but still has issues disconnecting now and then.

I had thought about getting one but opted to wait for the 14. Not sure I could make the switch to Android now. I had a few Android phones years ago and they both started to get very buggy after 2 years or so.

MattB

WKR
I just updated to 15.3 today and was able to get the 1st 3 calls to last more than 3 minutes. Promising…

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Not to change this into a toyota thread... but my 2020 sequoia does the same random disconnection with my wife's galaxy s21 plus and my s10.

Btaylor

WKR
I have an iford 11 I think and when my wife updated the phone, it immediately started causing the same issues in my 17 Tundra. Had never had a single issue before the ios update. Updated to 15.3 and it is some better but will still drop calls.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
While all this Technology is great, it sure is a never ending source of frustration. If the world is ever hit by a EMP natural or man made, we are screwed.