I just paid an absurd amount for primers...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I know, I know. All in due time.

I mean given in that same time period I have bought a press, dies, powder, bullets, primer, etc. I dont think I am doing to bad.
I've ended up with huge stashes of things on accident many times, primers being one of them, I just always grabbed a brick when I saw them. Same with 9 and 10mm ammo, I just grabbed a box anytime I was in walmart or any other shop and threw them in a tote.

I am not cut out for these shortages. I just cannot bring myself to buy stuff I dont need right away. I hate collecting stuff. I kick myself now for not buying powder and primers. I just thought I dont need them right now. I even did it last weekend. Found some bullets I would like to try but I thought I dont need them for a couple of months so I left them on the shelf. I cant help it.

OP
Newtosavage
I am not cut out for these shortages. I just cannot bring myself to buy stuff I dont need right away. I hate collecting stuff. I kick myself now for not buying powder and primers. I just thought I dont need them right now. I even did it last weekend. Found some bullets I would like to try but I thought I dont need them for a couple of months so I left them on the shelf. I cant help it.
Same. This purchase of primers is the first time I've ever broken that self-imposed rule. Usually I'm more patient. I think the price of my new custom barrel just went up. LOL

wapitibob

WKR
If you need them then you need them. I’ve auctioned 3 bricks the last two months. The first wave got a bit crazy then the gun shops started selling for $200-$250/brick, now they’re out of stock and the price is going back up. What guys are doing now is splitting bricks to 500 PCs and getting $200+ for those.

Rob5589

WKR
I have found primers popping up here and there at relatively normal prices. What kills it is the shipping and hazmat while being limited to only 1k at a time. But if you need em, you need em. What's an extra 40 bucks in the grand scheme of a custom rifle build?

OP
Newtosavage
I have found primers popping up here and there at relatively normal prices. What kills it is the shipping and hazmat while being limited to only 1k at a time. But if you need em, you need em. What's an extra 40 bucks in the grand scheme of a custom rifle build?
Or you know, an extra $200 above retail. LOL (dammit)

Stewy

FNG
I’ve heard prices are way up but haven’t looked. Guess I should pay more attention!

Ouch! Yeah, that'll sting for a while :ROFLMAO:
I recently paid 100 shipped for 1k of BR2's and wasn't happy.
Br2s went up to $70 retail anyways so not bad considering.

My problem is I just don't got to stores.
I'm so anti people
I make my wife do all the grocery shopping. And pretty much do all my gear research on here and order stuff to my door.
Only time I ever stroll thru a store is when I need something last minute.

If I enter a store of any kind I drop $100 so I'm totally down. I just refuse to public as much as possible.
Hell I don't even gun shop any more. Shop in Internet ship to ffl cruise over to his house.

OP
Newtosavage
Br2s went up to $70 retail anyways so not bad considering.

My problem is I just don't got to stores.
I'm so anti people
I make my wife do all the grocery shopping. And pretty much do all my gear research on here and order stuff to my door.
Only time I ever stroll thru a store is when I need something last minute.

If I enter a store of any kind I drop $100 so I'm totally down. I just refuse to public as much as possible.
Hell I don't even gun shop any more. Shop in Internet ship to ffl cruise over to his house.
I'm heading your way. LOL My wife is like "I need to go to the grocery store" and I'm like "have fun..." :D

yea, crowds of people... not so much.

Rob5589

WKR
I refuse to grocery shop. I'll clean, vacuum, mop, scrub toilets, etc. I won't grocery shop, period. She knows that and is good with it so it works out. :cool:

204guy

WKR
Where I messed up is I didnt buy enough RL15, now Im down to half a pound of it. Id do horrible things to get my hands on an 8lb jug of it now.
Fly on down to WY with a tote of LRP & SRP to trade, I've got RL15 & Varget. We can do some coyote calling. Getting through TSA is on you though.

11boo

WKR
A couple of years ago, I was talking to a guy I shoot with and we were happy as pigs in mud over how cheap all the components had gotten. We were joking about how we could hardly justify loading 5.56 and 9mm, factory ammo was so cheap. Somehow the subject of what if Trump loses reelection came up.

we got quiet for a minute, and remembered how bad it was last time.

I‘m still shooting, reloading kind of blows, but still shooting.

Hear me now, believe me later.
When Components come back at a reasonable price, don’t buy just enough. Buy all you can afford. Buy more than you can afford. 5k primers take very little room to store. Same with 8 lb jugs.

Last edited:
I’m just thinking back to last spring to when you could buy 400 round packs of Australian outback 55 gr Sierra blitzking ammo for $200.. would be nice to have that again. Took it for granted so much I let a buddy burn em all on prairie dogs..