I love cheap arrows

Mikido

WKR
Been bow hunting for 8 years. Have killed many critters. I’ve only bought $5 or less arrows. For a while it was the cabelas hunter line….then I fell into a used lot of blackout envy X5….most recently paid $55/dozen of a brand I never heard of at the Harrisburg show.

Never had a bad arrow out the box, all held up on their own (unless hit by another arrow) and have been as accurate/consistent as I am. Oh and I cut them to size with a dremel free hand.

Am I the only one?

Deepwoods

FNG
A lot of us I presume purchase blank shafts, fletch the arrows, cut to length and tune them ourselves. I too prefer basic tools like a Dremel and file. I go one step further and make sure the ends are square using a fine file and a flat surface with a simple hole drilled to feed the shaft through. My length guage is a lowes wooden ruler with a nail installed at the 1” mark. I then marked my preferred length with a highlighter. Makes assembly quick and painless. All part of the fun in archery! Keep on keeping on!

WKR
Been bow hunting for 8 years. Have killed many critters. I’ve only bought $5 or less arrows. For a while it was the cabelas hunter line….then I fell into a used lot of blackout envy X5….most recently paid $55/dozen of a brand I never heard of at the Harrisburg show.

Never had a bad arrow out the box, all held up on their own (unless hit by another arrow) and have been as accurate/consistent as I am. Oh and I cut them to size with a dremel free hand.

Am I the only one?
What is your point?

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
I’d like to know if anyone has any real experience in the difference in accuracy of the more expensive arrows.

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to know if anyone has any real experience in the difference in accuracy of the more expensive arrows.
... no difference when it comes to hit a deer from 20 m in the vitals, but a difference if you shoot further, and quite a difference when you want to challenge higher ranks in a 3D comp. Saying this, you can be lucky and you get a batch of cheaper arrows that are all straight and facilitate spine alignment, but it is not likely.

Reactions: Zac

I got lots of experience with it.

But it comes down to what you want, if you're happy with where it is, great.

As long as you can repeatedly put a broadhead behind your pin at your hunting distances, that's what you need. It's surprising how many can't actually do that.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yes, accuracy and durability........otherwise I'd be using Walmart arrows too.

I'm more of a "I love quality durable arrows" when I can get them inexpensively. My dad would have been an "I love cheap arrows" guy. I learned a lot from him.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Where it matters is with a broadhead on the end. If your arrow has a measurable amount of runout cheap or expensive it’s going to fly like shit at distance. With a field point it doesn’t matter really. Atleast in my experience.

And to the dude getting butt hurt, calm your tits down, this isn’t cnn. We don’t need overly sensitive people who find offense in everything on rokslide. If someone is going to puff their chest out like the OP they better be ready to hear some criticism.

87TT

WKR
I shot my first elk with a Basspro Redhead bow and Blackout arrows and with Muzzy three blade BH's. Lost him due to a not so great shot and poor penetration. He died but I didn't find him for about a week or so. I made up my mind that I owed it to the elk to have "no excuses" I'm not sure but I believe Blackouts are made by Gold Tip. My issue would be whether they were the X1 or X5. And whether they were square or not. For deer at say 30 or under cheap may be OK but I'll build my own and I owe it to have an accurate arrow that I can depend on. YMMV

dtrkyman

WKR
Look up Samuel White on youtube, he tests a bunch of cheap and expensive arrows. Interesting videos, he get cheap arrows to perform at a high level but not out of the box.

406unltd

WKR
I’d say for the most part shoot what you want if they fly with bh attached. I won’t buy the cheap ones because I want a straight, high quality, durable arrow build that inspires confidence when I screw bh on and head out. A cheap setup wouldn’t do that for me personally.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Since my arrows don’t wear out fast, I don’t find myself buying all the time. Given that, I tend to look, and pay for, quality. One less thing to worry about when I find myself in a less than ideal situation.

WKR
And what is YOUR point??

Completely uncalled for.

OP-I have had low and high priced arrows, and never saw a comparable jump in accuracy with price. I’ve since moved to making my own arrows as well.
Asking someone to clarify the intent or meaning of their post is "uncalled for". How the hell is that uncalled for?

Rob5589

WKR
Shoot what works for you. I'm a midrange buyer so GT XT Hunters work for me. I use an arrow saw and square the ends perfectly since I use fixed blade broadheads and want perfect arrow flight.

Recently started shooting the Easton carbon legacy with my recurves. Same thing; midrange shaft, cut and squared perfectly, perfect tune, perfect flight with a 3 blade VPA.

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
Why does squaring the ends matter if the insert is like an inch into the arrow? The end isn’t what makes it square I wouldn’t think.

With my factory cheap arrows….ive done the spin tests, the BH match my field points when
I tune my bow properly, and I don’t quite understand the “durability” of the more expensive arrows. Pretty sure that buck’s shoulder blade will snap any arrow in half on the run?

I will trust the comp shooters opinion though, I can see why there’s a difference at 50+ on target, but we must all agree up to 40 (my comfort range) on game, they all are accurate.

And both the arguing dudes have a point, but I appreciate everyone’s responses.

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
Where it matters is with a broadhead on the end. If your arrow has a measurable amount of runout cheap or expensive it’s going to fly like shit at distance. With a field point it doesn’t matter really. Atleast in my experience.

And to the dude getting butt hurt, calm your tits down, this isn’t cnn. We don’t need overly sensitive people who find offense in everything on rokslide. If someone is going to puff their chest out like the OP they better be ready to hear some criticism.
What is runout?

• Wow
Reactions: Zac