I love rut crazed/curious moose.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Early this season on a sheep hunt my cousin and I were sitting at our camp site for the night along a short ridge, talking away eating dinner with our headlamps on. About 40 yards down the ridge in the timber we hear a sizable tree get smashed and fall down. butt hole puckered up a bit as we were stumbling over grizzly shit all day. Next sound was a the beautiful sound of a paddle hitting a tree. Less puckered at this point. The moose starts up the trail and comes out to 25 yards of us, looks at us and then decides to walk in our direction. We were talking the whole time this was happening. We put the breaks on that and scared him off.

Fast forward to a few days ago. Hunting a different zone then the first moose encounter, and luckily I had a tag for a bull moose in my pocket. I make my way to a popular elk bedding area looking to fill my elk tag. I am sitting on the fringe of the bedding area, listening for any noise. I here a twig snap, Thinking its on, I send out a few cow elk calls and now I here branches breaking coming at me. Unfortunately the elk starts coming in down wind of me and is about 100 yards away. I try to push some cow elk calls in a different direction so he wouldn't come directly down win of me but he was still coming, I Figured I was screwed. All of a sudden this "elk" starts grunting up a storm. No elk... a bull moose walking in grunting like crazy. comes in and offers up a frontal shot at 20 yards. I instantly see blood and most my arrow disappear. I knew I just harvested my first moose. After 15 minutes I follow a blood trail that a blind man could have trailed to my first ever moose. No giant but I couldn't have been happier.

"Called" in two moose to 25 yards this year without letting out a moose call. If elk were only this easy. lol

What have you guys had moose come into?

BAKPAKR

WKR
I shut the pickup door a little too loudly one morning as I was leaving to bowhunt elk. Something immediately started coming toward us through the brush above the road. Since we were elk hunting, we assumed it was an elk and made ready for his appearance. Our “elk” turned out to be a big bull moose.

Woke up at 5 am on the mountain and hear this something grunting for all it's worth. Fumbled around and got my tent door open and peaked out and there's a cow moose head poking up out of the bushes 20-30 yards away, silhouetted by the moonlight. I could hear horns smashing brush and grunting from somewhere behind the cow. I decided that was all the closer a moose should get to me in the dark so I hollered. For future reference, I won't set up my tent with my head 1 foot from a dried moose pie!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk