I made a big mistake

Lawnboi

WKR
I looked through a pair of Swarovski binos.....

I just picked up a pair of zeiss terra binos, i have a feeling ill be taking a ride tomorrow and looking at a pair of swaros.

Am i making the right decision?

Floorguy

WKR
Sounds like my hunting buddy he was content with his Bushnell rifle scope then he looked through my Zeiss

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I made that same mistake 8 years ago and it has cost me $1000's of dollars. ;)

Everyone's eyes are different, but I still get that "wow" factor when looking thru my SVs.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yea I did this same thing. Only problem is there is no way in hell I can justify that kind of money on a pair of Swaro's they are just straight godly glass. I will stick with my Nikons for now though =-)

Vitals

WKR
I just started a charity foundation. I figured I would would give roksliders the first chance at helping a kid out. We are accepting any and all Swaro glass. I know there are a lot of you out there who have extra sets laying around that you've never really found an use for or someone to take them off your hands. Well, here it is, clear out that gear closet and feel comforted that they are going to a great cause absolutely free of charge! Simply drop me a message and we will make the arrangements to find those lame dusty ole Swaros a home. I'll even throw in some pictures of them in use in the field so you know where your charity has gone and can feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Let me know...........

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Well..... it happened, I bought a pair

I almost walked out with the 8x32 el swarovision but then I reminded myself that If I got those I wouldn't even be able to afford tp.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I ended up with the 8x30cl. The poor mans swaro...

I know they are not up to snuff with the high end swaros, and there is similar glass for a couple hundred less. But the overall ergonomics is what sold me on the cl. I was dead set on 30-32mm glass before I even started looking and these just felt perfect in my hands, even better than the 8x32 SV EL (which just might be my new dream bino). Light as hell! Really something I feel ill always have on and want to take out.

Had I had more time to shop around (leaving to hunt in less than a week) I may have shopped around and picked up some SLC binos, as nowhere I went had any of the 30mm size in stock. However I think these will do, and even when I do desire to get another set of binos, ill keep these as they will be perfect for thick woods hunting, treestand hunting, and shooting the bow.

Everything I have been reading about Swarovski as a company is also what sold me on these things over the competetors.

Now if only I could afford a top tier spotter before my mule deer hunt in November.......... maybe if I eat ramen for the next couple months, and dip into the credit card a little more than I should it can be done.

Im learning the 'buy once, cry once' thing now. After reading how Swarovski treats their customers and how I can have my optics rebuilt and cleaned, and how long they last im having a hard time wanting to buy another cheap spotter that ill want to replace in a year or 2 anyways.

Last edited:

daddie63

WKR
Congrats on a great bino and their warranty is second to none it sounds like. I will be buying some soon I hope. Good luck on your hunts

tstowater

WKR
Once you have a pair of Swaros and a woman who looks good in camo....you'll never touch another.

Amen. My wife is a redhead and doesn't wear camo, so I don't know about that part.... but she is the best.

BTW, I had a pair of Leicas 10x50's that I love.... before I bought the 10x42 EL's. Life is good.

Buster

WKR
If you're in the market for a spotter, I dare you to take a look through the new swarovski stx/atx modular system. I just dare you. Better go to the bank first and see what trade in value is on your kids though.

Everything I have been reading about Swarovski as a company is also what sold me on these things over the competetors.

Im learning the 'buy once, cry once' thing now. After reading how Swarovski treats their customers and how I can have my optics rebuilt and cleaned, and how long they last im having a hard time wanting to buy another cheap spotter that ill want to replace in a year or 2 anyways.

You are right on this one. They look after their products and clients very well. I ended up breaking the ballistic turret on my Z5 (totally my fault) After contacting Swaro, on how I could buy replacement parts, they overnighted to Canada, everything I needed to fix it, all on their dime and did not charge me for the parts either. Great glass and great service. I just have to find a way to come up with $3G for some EL range.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
If you're in the market for a spotter, I dare you to take a look through the new swarovski stx/atx modular system. I just dare you. Better go to the bank first and see what trade in value is on your kids though.

Im going to pass on that dare! No kids, so im lucky I get to have a lot of play money for myself but 4g for a spotter is completely out of the relm of possibility!

A local store still has the 65mm ATM and STM, non hd for 1500 bucks im hoping they don't go anywhere for the next couple months so I can pick one up before my mulie hunt.

Buster

WKR
For you can pick up the 65 for $1500, you're getting great value for your dollar. It will serve you well for a lifetime.