I Might Be Crazy...

USMC-40

WKR
But Im heading back to the UL in MT. Last time I spent time in there it cost me an ACL, MCL, and quad. That was 2019. Now its personal. It might be a solo trip as the two other guys I went with (both hard core hunters) have decided that the chances of success are so low and the hunt sucks so much they are out. Screw it. Im going to do this until I am successful or too old and crippled to keep doing it....

OP
USMC-40

USMC-40

WKR
Yes - planning at least one scouting trip near the 4th of July. Definitely addicted, and probably crazy

Rob5589

WKR
It might be a solo trip as the two other guys I went with (both hard core hunters) have decided that the chances of success are so low and the hunt sucks so much they are out.

Man, imagine the feeling of accomplishment you're going to experience when you kill one. Good luck!

Redarrow

FNG
Good luck! I’m giving it another shot as well. I hunted it last year for the first time and can’t wait to give it another try.

Ten Bears

WKR
Hoping you’ll do an active story so we can follow along on this one. Have been kicking the idea of this around for awhile. Would love to hear first hand on bad I’ll get my butt kicked.

I have been contemplating the same thing. Working for a school district, I have the summer off and could get a significant amount of scouting in during summer, spring break and even the Christmas break. I have other plans for this summer, but will be seriously looking at this soon with scouting trips starting next summer. It obviously is a very serious investment of both time and money. It would be nice to find a partner that can make the same commitment. But hey, a successful DYI for the unlimited is about the ultimate accomplishment, partner or no partner.

USMC-40, best of luck!!!!!!!!

OP
USMC-40

USMC-40

WKR
Horses can be used, although where I was 2 years ago you aren’t getting horses. Steep, deadfall, and no trails (combo of all three)

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I wish there was on OTC unlimited sheep unit here in Colorado. I would be there every year.

6.5x284

WKR
I'll be there unless I draw a LE tag somewhere! You're not crazy at all! That's why you have 2 ACL's right?