I need a crash course in Wyoming

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone knowledgeable in Wyoming non resident draw odds and wilderness areas willing to help via PM? To be clear, I’m not looking for an area or unit to hunt. If I can draw the Tag and it is legal to access I already know what I want to apply for and where I will hunt, but I would like confirmation that I have interpreted my research correctly.

Anyone knowledgeable in Wyoming non resident draw odds and wilderness areas willing to help via PM? To be clear, I’m not looking for an area or unit to hunt. If I can draw the Tag and it is legal to access I already know what I want to apply for and where I will hunt, but I would like confirmation that I have interpreted my research correctly.
I could help u as well if u need it

BuzzH

WKR
Just know the NR laws for hunting in a wilderness area. You must have a resident guide with you while hunting, not just in camp. The guide needs a free resident guide license from WG&F.

Where in the regulation you cited does it say you have to be right with the person you're guiding?

Licensed guides leave their clients on their own all the time, where in statute or regulation is it not the same for a non-compensated resident guides with the appropriate license?

For the record, I've talked to several wardens, offices, etc. and I've asked for the specifics. I've been told everything from you have to be right with them to "just make sure they don't get lost".

wytx

WKR
Statute does state "accompany", I take that as meaning being with in the field, but again you have all the answers.

I have never heard anything other than the resident guide must be with you. Hell I could hunt anywhere and shoot a message from my Inreach to have a buddy show up and say he’s my guide. Accompany is pretty clear.

jmez

WKR
Well I was with a party where the resident guide and the non resident both got tickets because the "guide" was not right with the hunter.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk