I need a good store to try on boots

dhmc03

Lil-Rokslider
Broke bones in both feet last year and having to rethink footwear.

I need a GOOD STORE with wide selection to TRY ON LOTS OF DIFFERENT BOOTS. Knowledgeable sales people a plus.

Im tired of ordering online and paying shipping plus returns. Not really any store options where I live (and rei isnt a good option, been there).

Willing to FLY to any major airport to get this done at this point.

Suggestions appreciated!

Honestly, based on why you're looking for boots (fractures), and that you're willing to fly, it might be worth going to the Kennetrek or Schnee's show rooms / flagships in Bozeman. You'll probably get a better eval of your needs, and certainly a better measurement and fitting than you probably would elsewhere.

Without knowing your exact foot problems, I'd recommend looking into getting socks, inserts/ orthotics that work with your feet and boots. I have chronic arthritis in my feet and good boots were only part of getting that managed.

Hondo

WKR
Ditto on Bozeman. Schnee's carries Crispi & Lowa in addition to their own line. That plus the Kennetrek gives you the ability to try on a good selection of premium boots in one town. Carter's boots carries Kennetrek and is just 2 blocks east of Schnee's on Main St. I'm not suggesting you skip the Kennetrek hq in Four Corners but if you get pressed for time there is that option.

BluMtn

WKR
Bozeman is your huckeberry. But I will add this, fly into Bozeman checkout boots mentioned above then rent a car and travel west to Kellogg Id and check out hoffmans. Once you are done there into Spokane to Nick's and whites. Then fly out of Spokane. If you don't have an answer by then you are screwed.

Jimss

WKR
The only store I know that offers Crispis is Scheels in the Denver/Ft Collins area. Jax's and REI has a pretty good selection of other boots. I believe Scarpas are actually made in Golden?

Aeromoto

FNG
The Denver area also has Bent Gate Mountaineering in Golden and Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder in addition to Jax and Scheels.

Is there any sportsman's shows you could get to?
I know kenetrek measures and such as shows.
Idk maybe go to the salt lake show.
I'm sure most every boot vendor will have a both.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
Call lathrop and sons. They can probably fit you up without a flight. They did some low as for me and are super comfy out of the box

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
If you cannot actually try on boots then Lathrop and Sons is the way to go. Those guys know their stuff and also do a lot of mountain hunting.

Extrapale

WKR
Baker Shoes in Eugene Oregon. They have a great program for shipping back multiple pairs of boots. They carry many of the mojr brands of hunting boots. Eugene is not a mojor airport, but you can fly there.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Broke bones in both feet last year and having to rethink footwear.

35 E. Main St. Bozeman, MT. ;)

But seriously in addition to our extensive line of Schnee's Mountain boots and pac boots, we also sell Scarpa, Lowa, Crispi, Salewa, Danner, Whites, Oboz..the list goes on. And our staff are well trained in finding the perfect fit.