I need a hitch mount bike carrier. Any recommendations?

Only issue with 1up is cosmetic, the black flakes and the silver just looks bad with age, but they do function well.

Rattle can it or Line-X it if it bothers ya. But the construction and light weight and reasons alone to cry once and purchase it.

KUAT. Hey it matched the crystal granite truck and pivots to the side so I can open the tailgate. Secures a big Bakcou Mule so it can handle anything you've got. Carries two bikes and you can add an extender to carry four if ya like.

bikerackup.JPG
bikerack2.JPG
bikeonrack1.JPG

Last edited:

kickemall

WKR
Thule T2 or T2 ProXP are pricey but solid. I got tired of using bungy cords and straps and to secure a bike on other racks until I got one of these.

OP
Trevor73402
I just wanted to say thanks for all the replies. I'm going to search for a decent used rack. There is just no way in hell I'm paying $400+ for a bicycle rack. I can build one myself out of aluminum, all CNC'd parts etc for way less than that. I honestly had no idea they were that expensive.

Really like my Yakima. It has anti sway cradles and my bike stays secure. Though I have yet to use them, the red tips at the end are bottle openers!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

excaliber

WKR
Hollywood 2 bike rack is what we use on our 4Runner. It stays out of the way and is pretty solid. We've had it for 7 years now and it does a great job of securing the bikes.
I'd buy another one without a doubt.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
KUAT. I'm happy with mine and would buy again.

brsnow

WKR
Kuat Sherpa 32lbs, easy on/off if you don’t want it on your vehicles all the time. Breeze to load/unload bikes. Handles bigger tires and 29” wheels. Make sure the rack you go with will hold fatter tires or wheels in your bikes size. REI has 20% off sales a couple times a year, another route to go that works is a simple 2 bike hanging rack with a tube adapter. Less expensive and works great.

If anyone wants something inexpensive and as bulky and heavy as some of these roll on racks and only need to carry a single bike, you can buy a Harbor Freight motorcycle carrier. I have carried my dirt bikes on mine for years. They lock down tight and will certainly hold any bike you have. $129.00