I need a serious sleeping bag

OP
W
Feathered Friends had quoted me 3-4 weeks when I ordered my bag, but they just sent me a shipping notification! They got it done and shipped in 4 business days, can't wait.

Caleb777

FNG
I have a marmot 0 degree natural down bag with 15 degree liner that I put in it for additional warmth. If I get cold in that, then I add my puffy layers on. Seemed to keep me warm enough. You’ll never be perfectly comfortable but this setup seems to be a good balance of weight and warmth for me. I’m my opinion, that liner I put inside was a game changer

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've decided that I need a big boy negative temp rated bag. I'm sick and tired of freezing my ass of in a zero degree synthetic bag at 30 degrees wearing puffy layers top and bottom on an Exped Downmat 7. I obviously sleep very cold and I'm tired of being miserable in decent conditions.

Looking at a Western Mountaineering Lynx or Puma, any other recommendations?
There's a Puma im the Classifieds right now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dugedug

FNG
I've run a WM Kodiak for 14 years. I'm a cold sleeper also (heartrate drops down in the 20s and 30s bpm). I also pack a silk liner that is 3"x5" packed for when it gets down to the rating of the bag or lower. An added benefit is that it keeps the bag cleaner from use. I've never had to clean my bag in those 14 years.

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
There is a WM Puma for sale right now in the classified section. Great price! No skin is this ad just pass it on. If you get cold in this you better stay home.

What bag would you guys recommend for Northern Idaho for rifle season 10/10? thinking about the Badger, versalite, and antelope WM bags. I'll be backpacking in. I'm not really sure how cold it can get during this time of year in the panhandle.

Feathered friends make great bags, I have a minus 17 c bag that rocks when it's cold. Good down and well made. I have a WM Antelope GWS bag . Two good US brands.