I need arrow selection assistance. Brand/Model?

180ls1

WKR
I am looking for an all in one hunting arrow. I hunt elk, deer, javelina, and wild pigs. My new bow is 345IBO (+10fps because I draw 31"). I am thinking something in the low 500s total weight (I run 100grn broadheads) and 30" shaft.

Who/what do you all like in this scenario? I'd prefer to stay away from FMJ's because I am not good at checking straightness, also nothing crazy heavy because I'd like to get at least 100 yards out of it if nothing but for practice. I'll need 250 spine and .001 straightness.

If you have insert/outsert recommendations as well I am all ears.

Last edited:

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Mid 500s- Easton Axis
500ish- BE Rampage
Under 500- RIP TKO

All can use the Easton HIT inserts or IW system, add weight/collars as you see fit. I’ve shot all these in the 250/260 spines, they all work just depends on how you want to set them up to meet your weight.

Jbxl20

WKR
My 300 spine Easton axis are cut a 28” with 50 grain brass inserts and 4fletch q21 vanes total weight 492gr. A 260 spine 30” axis should get you what you want

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
My 300 spine Easton axis are cut a 28” with 50 grain brass inserts and 4fletch q21 vanes total weight 492gr. A 260 spine 30” axis should get you what you want

Did you build them or have someone do it for you?

Mid 500s- Easton Axis
500ish- BE Rampage
Under 500- RIP TKO

All can use the Easton HIT inserts or IW system, add weight/collars as you see fit. I’ve shot all these in the 250/260 spines, they all work just depends on how you want to set them up to meet your weight.

I am running rip 300 XVs on my current bow, they kill everything but are as brittle as could be. Also a little too light.

What do you like for an insert/outsert on the BE rampage's?

OR Archer

WKR
For your setup I’d do this
Easton Axis 260 Match
50gr brass insert
10gr IW collar
100gr head
4 Fletch AAE Hybrid 23s
4” wrap
Standard X nock
Cut 29.5/30”
Roughly put you around 525-530ish. Maybe slightly more. That’d be a very solid all around arrow

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved

I am running rip 300 XVs on my current bow, they kill everything but are as brittle as could be. Also a little too light.

What do you like for an insert/outsert on the BE rampage's?
I use Easton brass HITs or IW Hits on everything. My favorite and most durable arrow is very similar to the one OR just posted:
Easton Axis 260 Match Grade cut to 29.5”
Easton HIT 50 grain insert
IW 25 grain collar
100 grain head
Arrow wrap with 3 AAE Max stealths
X- nock
Total weight is around 560ish, you’d have to shoot them into a brick wall to break them!

BE carnivore in 250 with .001 straightness, Rampage is also an option with hit inserts, I'd stay away from the halfouts. You can be well under 500 with the Carnivore, Rampage with a standard hit you will be 475+ depending on your fletching configuration.

Gold tip airstrike, again I'd go hit inserts. I just don't like the halfouts.

Easton 6mm hexx in 260 spine, or axis pro.

Those are what I know of with a 250-260 spine and .001 straightness, could be more.

Jbxl20

WKR

Built them myself. Bought the match grade bare shafts and brass inserts from nock on. Used the Easton epoxy that came with the inserts. 18 arrows all within ~2 gr.

I was up over 500gr with wraps and AAE max vanes. I have a hard time getting the AAE vanes to stay on if i shoot through a target. I’ve had no issues with the Q2i. I’m sure it’s user error as lots of people love the AAE max. Q2i’s just work for my novice arrow building skills.

Last edited:

gelton

WKR
I am in the process of building arrows now, and for me shooting 70# and 28.5 DL, I have decided on:

27.75 Carbon to Carbon BE Rampage .300
IW Insert 25 gr
IW Collar 25 gr
125 grain point
4 Inch Wrap
Flex Fletch SK200 x 4
Firenock lighted nock

Coming out @ 467 grains in .300 spine. For you @ .250 lots of the recommendations above will work, at the EOD it depends on where you want to end up weight-wise and what types of speed you want to get. If you want lighter and faster then the Rampage is a good choice IMO.

D S 319

WKR
I like the 4mm axis long range pros no issues with them. Built them with the ethics system.

Brendan

WKR
Easton Axis or Black Eagle Rampage. Axis will be a little heavier.

Use the Easton Brass HIT or Iron Will HIT Insert. 75 or 100 Grain.

Iron Will Collars for when you're hunting (don't glue them on) with 100 grain broadheads. Use 125 Grain Field Points for Practice.

Not a fan of any outsert system.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've shot a lot of different arrows over the last 15 years, and am constantly looking for perfection. In some arrows you can get great consistency but not great durability. Some are better for durability but not that consistent. Most arrows I really like get discontinued, so my quest always begins again. My current setup I'm still testing, but it appears to be very promising.

I shoot 70-75lbs at 32.5"+ draw and I have two dozen Victory RIP TKO Elite 250's that are cut to 30" CTC. I have 75gr brass HIT's in most of those, with Bohning A nocks, three 2" QS vanes or four Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1", and 125's. They come in right at 502gr. I also have some of these set up with 100gr Ethics stainless halfouts with 100gr heads, so they weigh the same as the others. I've never been a big fan of halfouts or outserts, but so far these have been working fine. I'm also not a fan of collars, but for some arrows there is definitely a need for those.

In searching for new arrows I wanted one that was consistent but also very durable. I have found that "weaved" carbon arrows have given me the best durability in the past, so that's the route I went with these. I'm also testing some Sirius Apollo 250's which are weaved as well, and also a little heavier. But so far I keep leaning toward the TKO's and will use these for everything this year.