I need help choosing a boot.... pls

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Basically I've got my boot selection narrowed down to 4 boots and keep going back and forth between them, so please give me your opinions.

In no particular order:
1. Salewa Wildfire Mid GTX
2. Crispi Lapponia
3. Salewa Mountain Trainer LITE
4. Salewa Alps Trainer

background: mostly deep high county archery mule deer in the Sierra Nevada

Thanks boys

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Why so much interest in salewa?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
I like the 3f heel locking system they have, and also I feel like they have the style of boot I'm looking for. (lightweight, not stiff, ankle support, waterproof, ect)

Definitely open to suggestions also tho

I know a couple of folks who LOVE the Lapponias for damn near everything. I just got the Salewa Droplines and like them for my trail running thus far. I think they're a solid brand but I'd probably go Lapponia based on users I've talked to. 🤷‍♂️

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
I know a couple of folks who LOVE the Lapponias for damn near everything. I just got the Salewa Droplines and like them for my trail running thus far. I think they're a solid brand but I'd probably go Lapponia based on users I've talked to. 🤷‍♂️
The lapponias are definitely #1 in the draft at the moment

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
My only heavy experience is with lowa (german made) and crispi (italian made). German boots seem to have a lot of heel slip for me cause i have really shaped feet, high arch and skinny heel. Lowas seem to work better for thicker feet i guess. the crispis work great for me and seem to have a tighter heel and really suck my foot into the boot. I'm a crispi fan

warrbuk

WKR
Following

I was looking at the Crispi Colorado and uninsulated Nevadas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only heavy experience is with lowa (german made) and crispi (italian made). German boots seem to have a lot of heel slip for me cause i have really shaped feet, high arch and skinny heel. Lowas seem to work better for thicker feet i guess. the crispis work great for me and seem to have a tighter heel and really suck my foot into the boot. I'm a crispi fan

I have the same foot profile, hopefully I like the crispis as much as everyone else, it seems like they're taking control of the industry.

OP
B

blackshuk

Lil-Rokslider
Currently have the Lowa Zephyr Hi GTX. Love the boots extremely comfortable, but the tread is starting to wear so its time to look around. I also noticed my heel slipping in the Lowas and had to surgeon knot the ankle transition to keep my heels planted