I need help deciding on this gear.

Dominic06

FNG
I am new to hunting and was thinking of purchasing these items for black tail deer and hogs. I live in Northern California where it is super hot and can get cold in the late season.

Kuiu Gila LS, for a base layer, breathe-ability, and sun protection here in Northern California. (I will be wearing this most of the day because it can get over 100 degrees).

Kuiu strong fleece 280, for warmth in the early morning. I will be using this as a outer layer this summer, and a mid layer in the fall over a rain jacket.

Kuiu Kutana pants, for their durability against all the chaparral brush and the breathe-ability of the pant, also that I can take these into the light rain.

Kuiu pro back mesh hat, for sun protection and breathe-ability

Kuiu Gila neck gaiter, also for sun protection.

Kuiu Venture 2300 for all of my necessities and to hold my rifle.

(I will probably be adding a rain jacket later on this season).

Are these good options? Do I need to add/change something? I would love some feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
Depending on your hand size, KUIU has last years Guide Gloves on sale in their Outlet. Maybe the best gloves I've ever had and should last a long time. If you're looking to save some money starting out, watch Camofire for the BlackOvis Cottonwood Creek or Granite Peake pants. BlackOvis has them one their website but you can catch them on Camofire if you watch it and save some money. I've used the Granite Peake in September elk hunting and have no complaints.

Warmsy

WKR
I'm in NorCal, too. I'm not familiar with those products, but I think you have the right idea.

I bought first lite leafy tops and balaclava for all my camouflage needs, and I've been buying performance gear on sale regardless of color. I went to the kuiu other once, and I didn't like the feel of most of their clothing. If you're just getting into it. There are plenty of places to get discounts gear.

Cheapandsteep.com
Sierra.com
Moose jaw.com

Manakh

FNG
Depending on your activity level and temp outside... For me the 280 would be too warm and I live in western Wa, but I run super super hot.

You could get a ton of opinions from people but my set up is as follows. And keep in mind I'm not a back packing hunter and carry all this with me daily. And this doesn't include rain gear.

Sitka core lightweight hoody or long sleeve no hood
Kuiu 240 vest
Kuiu strong fleece 210 (really really wish this had a full zip)
Kuiu axis hybrid jacket
Kuiu kutana pants (amazing)
Simms base layer bottoms and cooling boxer briefs because I already had them from fishing.

This gives *me* the option to layer as needed from as hot as it can get to damn near freezing. (We are all different) but the combinations of my 240 vest, 210, and axis hybrid allows for me to hunt anything until it's an all out gulley washer amount of rain here in western Wa. And I'll wear the sitka core lightweight as a stand alone when it's hot. And finally I just layer under my kutana pants if I need any insulation beyond the pants, these things are tough and awesome!!

OP
Dominic06

Dominic06

FNG
Thank you guys for the feedback. It is super helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk