i need help robby

bnsafe

WKR
i want to be able to eat everything i want, when i want, as much as i want, everyday, and still maintain my current movie like physique. can you give me some pointers.
sorry guys, just thought we should take a moment and laugh at ourselves. we, i, get so caught up in looking the perfect movie man that i miss the point and forget for alot of us with real lives and jobs and families that kind of know how and committment just arent possible. i need to take a step back and refocus and realize that health is what im after, not perfect abs. yes, right diet and exercise is what you do to get healthy, but dont forget to enjoy the ride instead of being miserable and feeling guilty all the time.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree bnsafe! Besides, I suspect many of your "movie men" would falter if you asked them to hike 10 miles with a 70lb pack. I suppose on some level we all want to see results in the way we look (and without having to change our habits either, wouldn't that be great!) but it is pretty awesome when you realize how much ground you are gaining towards being healthy and active and doing what you want to do. While I still get tired/hot/sweaty climbing a steep hill with a heavy pack, it is nothing compared to the level of huffing and puffing I once had to do if I wanted to go a quarter of the distance in twice the time up steep terrain. Besides being healthy, that improvement in fitness helps me stay motivated to keep working at it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhhh, a breath of fresh air! Thanks people!

bnsafe, I was falling out of my chair mouth agape until I got to your second sentence! You got me!

I may never have a visible six pack, but I want to make this great ride God has given me as long as possible, especially for these little cherub faces running around my house.

For those of you who might be interested, there have been 3 pretty high profile celebrity deaths in last few months. The coronors reports have came out in last few weeks with cause of death:

Davey Jones, heart disease
Andrew Breitbart, heart disease
Whitney Houston, heart disease (I know her substance abuse hastened it's arrival, but so doe the typical American diet.)

This is happening all around us all the time. Glad you all chimed in.

Last edited:
bnsafe,

You're right on the money! I'm hoping that through education and example my family will discover that their health is top priority and that their self worth is not dependent upon whether or not they look like a movie star! You is kind, you is smart, you is important and YOU IS HEALTHY!

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
lol, glad you guys enjoyed it. i almost didnt post it cause i thought somebody would get all bent out of shape. it was all in fun. and well worth it if i coulda seen robbys face when he started reading. lolol