I need the low down on a Hells Canyon Speed. Now which scope the creed

260madman

WKR
I found one locally in 6.5 CM at a very good price. I’ve already spent my wad on 2 rifles this week. Like I need another one 🤪 Wife said this week she’d never tell me no when it came to guns.

Are you happy with the rifle? Would you buy one again? Any issues with feeding or accuracy?

Northpark

WKR
I have the hells canyon long range version in .300 win mag which is simply a speed with a heavier barrel. Shoots most factory ammo and most random hand loads at 1-1.5 MOA and down around 0.5 MOA with tuned handloads. Been an excellent rifle. Ive actually been wanting that same rifle your looking at.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Hells Canyon in 28 Nosler and love it. First year hunting with it and 2 Mule deer bucks down. Good weight not too light to make it finicky and not too heavy to be a pain to pack
Up and down mountains. It’s accurate, feeds
Smooth shoulders well. I’d buy it again if i
Was to do it over.

mvrk28

WKR
have one in 6.5cm and love it, wouldn’t hesitate to buy another if they made them in a cartridge I was interested in.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
My son bought the speed in 300 Win Mag. 205 Berger EH at 3045fps with ES inside 15 with .5 MOA or better accuracy. Extremely accurate at distance too. My son's friend used it to take a mule deer buck at 1019 yards a couple weeks ago. Tuning a load can be a little more tricky than normal with this whippy little barrel, but the sweet spot is there. Just gotta locate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
260madman

260madman

WKR
Guess I need to think hard on this one. I really wanted a max long range in 7RM but Browning CS couldn’t give me the answers I was looking for. Sounds like this 6.5 may be what a guy needs. Barrett left the building so this might be next best.

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
Good lord has my wife's HC Speed 6.5 CM been a work horse! In 3 years it has been responsible for half a dozen deer or more, an elk, a sheep and a bear. All with the 143gr ELDX. Some factor, mostly hand loads. The bullet itself I'm not super fond of but everything I feed it shoots .5-.75 MOA. Running the 142gr ABLR this year, hoping to see some good results, but as far as the rifle goes the thing is a STUD. Can't go wrong IMO.

I have a Speed in 30 06 and a Max Long Range in 300 Win Mag. Both tack drivers!!!!!!!!! The 30 06 shoots the Federal 180 grain Trophy Bonded Tips < 1 MOA and I had a custom load developed for the 300 Win MAg, 220 grain Hornady ELDX's, 05 MOA!!!!!!!!

EastMT

WKR
09439088222c73dd4851ef8cb12f76ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a hells canyon speed in 300PRC. I didn’t hunt with it this year but considering I’m usually the only one of my buddies that has his guns dialed and ready to go, a buddy of mine used it. He took a deer off a pack at 475 yards with the factory 225ELDM. Shot was pretty much perfect. It shoots well under 1 MOA with the factory ammo. Just remember the little barrel heats up fast and POI changes after 3 shots for me.