I really want to just pack my pack.

Does anyone else have the urge to load their packs and unload it constantly? Layout all the gear and go through it, then load it back up again in different ways to see how it works? I think I'm going crazy and I've still got 5 months til I'm hunting elk.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Habitually, its a problem. In fact I pack it as close to real pack in weight and haul it up the mountain twice a week........

B

bearguide

once it is packed for a few days do you ever start thinking you missed something- so you have to unload it and repack it to check

Lawnboi

WKR
I think you have a problem. I always pack mine really early though and repack it a few times before the trip. I cant wait to pack mine up. I finally got some days off. Shed hunting for 5 days, headed west, and cant wait to really put some of my new gear to use.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I packed my chit up last night, then unpacked. Probably do it tonight too, now that I am thinking about it.

dotman

WKR
once it is packed for a few days do you ever start thinking you missed something- so you have to unload it and repack it to check

Haha, only 10 times before i decide i haven't missed a thing. Probabaly be easier to go thru all the gear i don't pack to see if i missed anything. I really think it purely relates to the fact i'm not close to the mounrains and really wish i was.

For all the single guys, don't look or get serious with a girl till you live close to happy hunting grounds, then never move :)

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simple Excel sheet. Mark it off WHEN it goes in your pack, not until. Once its marked off, I don't look back.

dot 1

FNG
you guys are messed up. there is something wrong with you. i just got my T2 yesterday and its been loaded and unloaded about ten times already. come on weekend.

I pack mine every Friday, then head to the hills on Saturday to shed hunt! Doing a weekend trip this next time. I am excited!