i think i am going to buy this chronograph..yes/no!!

boom

WKR
i dont want to spend a lot of money. by bow, i could care less how fast the arrow goes. my rifle? okay..maybe, but only to utilize my new Leupold CDS turret i had retrofitted to my old VX3.

but i NEED it to figure out my damn pellet rifle. i think i need to know how many shots i can take before performance drops off the precharged tank. i need to reprogram my way of thinking..since a pellet behaves more like an arrow, and less like a bullet. i need to learn how to use those mil-dots properly.

i need to know pellet speeds.

i could buy this and keep the purchase off my wife's radar..it is below her threshold of "threat level orange".

Amazon.com : Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph : Outdoors : Sports & Outdoors

i dont want to spend a lot of money. by bow, i could care less how fast the arrow goes. my rifle? okay..maybe, but only to utilize my new Leupold CDS turret i had retrofitted to my old VX3.

but i NEED it to figure out my damn pellet rifle. i think i need to know how many shots i can take before performance drops off the precharged tank. i need to reprogram my way of thinking..since a pellet behaves more like an arrow, and less like a bullet. i need to learn how to use those mil-dots properly.

i need to know pellet speeds.

i could buy this and keep the purchase off my wife's radar..it is below her threshold of "threat level orange".

Amazon.com : Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph : Outdoors : Sports & Outdoors

That's the Chronny I use... it has been solid for me - just keep it at least 10-12 feet from muzzle. It has always been consistent and seems to follow what the book says a load should be. I think it's a great chronograph for the price.

I have that very chrono (Comp Elec). It is my second one, first being lost to Katrina. Got my latest one on Ebay for well under $100. Works perfectly, just be sure to use the diffusers which are included. I also used mine for my pellet rifle (RWS M34), and my 30/06 and .340 Wby. No complaints, and would definitely buy another if something happens to this one.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one of the shooting chrony's that someone posted above. It did give good readings but seemed really sensitive to light. I ended up taking it back after about a month and 3-4 times of use in different conditions. I ended up buying the Competition Electronics model and have been pleased since. The only time I had trouble was late in the evening with low lighting. Otherwise, sunlight or overcast hasn't seemed to matter much.

rayporter

WKR
the chrony works well for the cash outlay. you may have to learn some of the quirks of the lighting. some guys use big sun shields over them and i have heard of lights over them. mine works good after the sun breaks over in the after noon.

i use a lab radar now -awesome.

Brendan

WKR
I have a shooting chrony beta blue with the infrared light kit - works flawlessly indoors. Outdoors at the range, it's spotty. Best on a cloudy overcast day.

Personally - been looking at Labradar for a while.

Brendan

WKR
the dag gone thing is unreal.

MV=3319
100 yd velocity =3029

That's the most intriguing part for me - it basically tracks drag and velocities at different ranges. I'd like to play around with it and different fletching combos on my arrows to see what speed is actually doing at longer ranges.

Anyone want to by my current one? :D