I want a new gun

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
FYI, if you do decide to ditch the brake for a can down the road, the Speed (and presumably the pro as well) uses an oddball M13x1.25 RH thread

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
Aside from the duratouch coating, I've never heard of someone that owened an Xbolt that didn't love it. Add a Mcarbo spring and you have a dang fine rifle. I would lean 300 wsm

If you are looking for something likely in stock I just picked up an X-Bolt Pro Long Range in 300wsm from a local Scheels. I had a 7mm on order but after talking to Browning I wouldn't have seen it until July/August. With the short action you drop down to 7#3oz. in the Long Range model. Havent fired a round yet but what a beautiful gun...plus you get the 1/10 twist with the 26" barrel:love:

I just got a fierce fury in 300 WM and shot it for the 1st time today. Shoots really well and it’s a very nice rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty certain I am going to pull the trigger on an XBolt speed in .300 wsm. I am
Interested to hear how you like your new rifle when you get it.

Benjblt

WKR
Hey everyone, I've been kicking back and forth the idea of getting a new rifle. I've essentially decided upon a couple different options.

1. Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed in .300 WSM or .300 Win Mag
2. Browning X-Bolt Pro .300 WSM or .300 Win Mag
3. Tikka T3x in .300 WSM or .300 Win Mag

This will be an elk gun for me, which somewhat explains my caliber choice. Another reason for these calibers is because I already reload .308, so ammo would be easy to reload after adding dies and working up a load. I'm favoring the browning options because they are threaded from the manufacturer, so I can run a brake. However, I can’t make up my mind so help me out!

I'm in exactly the same dilemma sans the 300 win mag part. I'm leaning toward the pro hard but everyone loves the Tikka so maybe it's a waste of money. Did you get one?

OP
N
I'm in exactly the same dilemma sans the 300 win mag part. I'm leaning toward the pro hard but everyone loves the Tikka so maybe it's a waste of money. Did you get one?

Sorry for the late response. Yes, I did get a pro. Got an even better deal then I expected which made it a million times better of a deal then buying a tikka and having everything I want done to it. I still love the tikka and will buy one at some point, but this Pro is amazing.

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
Just got to the range today to shoot my hells canyon speed 30/06. soft shooting and first 3 shot group was .66. The stock is the weak link and I changed out the sear spring with the mcarbo to bring it down to 2.5 lbs. overall pretty happy

Magicmatt

FNG
Thanks Kingsnake for the lead, I picked it up along with the 8% rebate. New HC x bolt for $800. I let u know how it shakes out.

Aroy

FNG
Either of the xbolts would be awesome. I’d like to try the pro, but that’s just because I have a hells canyon and a plain bold stainless and I love them both. Never been a fan of tikka. And both of my Browning’s just like has been said have had long enough factory magazines and feed ramps to allow running my bullet out as far as my rifle would let me. That being said both my guns liked a bit of a jump to the lands with Berger’s but it was nice to have that room

Just bought the HC speed in 300 wsm. Should get it this week. That along with the NM draw results it's shaping up to be a great week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure how I feel about bergara. Make great firearms, I just don’t think the aftermarket support is quite there yet.
If it'll fit a Rem700 it'll fit the Bergara. They have more aftermarket support than anything out right now. I've become a huge fan of Bergara's rifles. Everyone I have is a shooter. None of my XBolts will shoot with them,but my Tikka's will

BCD

WKR
I recently bought the Xbolt Speed In 300 WSM. I planned on getting a Tikka and tried to like it but as I held each several times I just didn’t care for the Tikka at all. It came down to Bergara or Xbolt but I was told it wasn’t a good idea to thread the Bergara Hunter for a brake and the Ridge was too heavy for what I was looking for.