I want to build big eyes, opinions wanted.

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously considering building 65 mm big eyes. After much thought it seems like the kowa 664 is gonna be the best bang for the buck when comparing to the swaro hd spotter. I'm open to opinions. Also interested in used kowa 664 and wide angle 30x eyepiece if you have them.

I'd seriosly consider the meopta but they only have the wide angle for the S2

sneaky

"DADDY"
He could build a 664 version of a big eye setup for less than what the BTX eyepiece would cost. Personally, I would probably do a factory built big eye setup because I know I would probably screw something up trying it myself lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
C

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure the btx is amazing but much more cash too.
Member from here hatchet jack has a pair of kowa big eyes he's gonna let me loom through. He only lives a couple hours from me so hopefully I will give an update here afterwards.

Beendare

WKR
FWIW, My buddy has those Swaro BTX on a 95mm- awesome. He uses them about 200 days a year. I was shocked when comparing those to my 15x binos.

He tried the BTX on the 65mm and said it lost so much light it wasn't worth it. According to him 85mm is as small as he would go.

OP
C

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Well thanks to member hatchet jack, he let me look through his big eyes. As well as bring some glass for me to do a side by side with my meopta 15s.
Let me tell yea, the kowa 664m as a big eye set up is the real deal. Its always great to meet other people that just love to sit behind glass and stare at hillsides. If anyone is considering building a set the kowa will deliver!