I want to hunt elk, mule deer and bass fish. Where to go?

xnader

FNG
I am getting a little fed up with my home state (Wisconsin) and all my extra cash goes to out of state hunts anyway, so I am considering a move. Outside of hunting, I am also a big bass fisherman. Is there a state that has good bass fishing AND elk/mule deer hunting? Or am I gonna have to sacrifice the bassin, sell the boat and buy a RZR? Looks like arizona has some good smallmouth?

GotDraw?

WKR
Move to Texas and live there for bass.

Join the "rush-hour" commute to CO for elk and muley in your truck.

JL

Move to a state with elk and mule deer and take up fly fishing. Never thought I’d like it but it’s a blast once you get the hang of it.

Oregon has all three. The mule deer hunting
Has gone down hill a lot in most areas.

Lots of bass fishing and pretty good elk hunting. It puts you pretty close to other states with hood deer and elk hunting as well.

Wags

WKR
I had the same thoughts, say what you want about CA but our Bass fishing is incredible. It's going to be hard to move to an area where a 5lb fish is big.........

That said I'd rather have good hunting in close proximity with reduced cost of tags. Plus I prefer colder climates so the furry critters win.

dtrkyman

WKR
There are some good smallmouth reservoirs in NM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam634 is correct, come to Ca, we have elk, mule deer and some really good bass fishing. But, good luck drawing an elk tag.

I lived in Missouri for a while before moving back here to CO. But during that time I really enjoyed bass fishing and would go as much as I could. After moving back here I have fished a ton and I have caught some bass here, but it doesn’t even come close to bass fishing in the Midwest. I don’t know about other western states, but don’t put a lot of stock in the fact that bass are here, because bass fishing here is nothing like your used to.

Maverick1

WKR
I would suggest looking at the resident drawing odds for the species you are interested in hunting. Just because the state issues resident tags for elk or mule deer does not necessarily mean you will draw those tags frequently. Weigh out which is higher importance to you and go from there.

Whew, at least Alaska is off your list! Elk is a super tough hunt if you are ever to draw a tag. No mule deer to speak of, and the fishing sucks because their is no Bass 😂

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon has all three. The mule deer hunting
Has gone down hill a lot in most areas.

Lots of bass fishing and pretty good elk hunting. It puts you pretty close to other states with hood deer and elk hunting as well.
There’s bass sure, but if you’re used to WI smallmouth you’ll be disappointed with the bass in the John Day.