I was a recipient of good karma today.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
On my way to check some trail cams, I stopped for a quick bite of lunch. Coming in the door just after me was a young man and his father (I think it was his dad anyway). The older gentleman had an Army Veteran hat on and it caught me eye. I quietly asked the waitress to let me pay for the Vet's lunch. I told her not to tell him until I was gone but I asked her to thank him for his service also.

Fast forward a few miles down the road and a few minutes later-I am out standing behind my truck and I hear a loud snap, then a pop and here comes a pine tree crashing to the ground. It was like watching it play out in slow motion. From my angle it appeared the tree was going to smash my truck no doubt. I was prepared to view the carnage but when I got to the fallen tree it missed my truck by probably less than 3 feet!

Crazy enough to be there when a tree falls but to have it come so close to my truck was nuts.

That happened to my buddy’s truck, we went out elk hunting came back and tree had fallen we thought for sure it landed on his truck. When we got there it had missed it by a foot.

A year later he totaled it, in Montana on an elk hunt, he hit a cow standing just on the backside of a rise in the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk