I was gonna go hunting today, but then...

Holy crap. That house looks totally unserviceable to me. I'd probably be figuring out how to move or jack it up about 4 feet.

OP
Squamch

Squamch

WKR
Finished the demo last weekend (mostly). Gonna take the one wall up another 2' and smack the bottom plates off, left em on for now to keep a little more structure in the wall. They're all held up with pokes now.
We'll get the floor dealt with, then fix walls.

Debating whether to pour a slab to the appropriate height, or reframe the floor as it was before. Question of up front costs. They're on a fixed income, and for obvious reasons, don't trust insurance contractors anymore, they'll be getting reimbursed by the insurance company for time and material. I'm obviously doing this for a few home cooked meals and being sent home with a home made apple pie at the end of a day.
20200926_131323.jpg
20200926_185803.jpg

We had an old oven rack over a garbage can to squeeze the water out of the insulation before bagging it and tossing it in the truck.
Still ended up being almost 1100kg of garbage from it.

Mum told me at the end of the work last weekend that I need to go hunting this weekend, it's not gonna get any worse now, so I'm heading out Friday after work to go chase blacktails in the smoke. Mum wants venison in the freezer, last fall all I got was one cat, and this springs bear is almost gone!

OP
Squamch

Squamch

WKR
Holy crap. That house looks totally unserviceable to me. I'd probably be figuring out how to move or jack it up about 4 feet.

Part of the reason the creek flooded was that the culvert under the driveway got blocked by a cottonwood. I'm gonna try to get a set of grizzlies built that dad can hook up his winch to to clear debris that's blocking it.

nrh6.7

WKR
I would suggest getting some air movers and a dehumidifier to remove that moisture. Sorry for your folks, but good on you for helping out!

OP
Squamch

Squamch

WKR
View attachment 220227

MAN! I haven't seen one of these in a looooooong time! 😄 😄 😄 😄

Yep, dad figures he doesn't have a data plan on his smart phone because he's never turned it on, refers to anything online as "on the computer," and thinks the Russians are stealing my data because I can use my phone as a flashlight.
The idea of not having a house phone is absolutely appalling to him. He thinks my wife and I are basically vagabonds because we don't have one.