I won big at the local Safari Club banquet

Well my buddy and I attended the local Safari Club banquet last night and throughout the night my luck held out as usual, meaning no luck at all. However once the bingo raffle, silent auction and live auction were all over they began to pull raffle tickets for the "Wall of Guns." There were 5 guns and my number was drawn in 5th place. Funny thing was after the first 4 guys took their picks, I ended up with a Browning pump shotgun which was the gun I wanted.

Well it gets better. While I am filling out my paperwork for the shotgun they start calling off the raffle for the "Early Bird Special" rifle for those that booked early for the banquet. The rifle was a much desired Kimber classic 8400 in 270 wsm. Well I couldn't believe my ears when they called my number for the Kimber. I still can't believe it.

OP
WonkyWapiti
I'll post pics when I pick up the guns, it was too late to get the NICS check completed so I'm hoping to pick them up on Monday. I've also got an email in to the guy handling this and I am awaiting a reply to see if this is coming from an actual dealer if I can pay the difference and upgrade to a Montana.

shaun

WKR
Congrats man! A couple years ago I won real big at one of those dinners and haven won since

OP
WonkyWapiti
I'll have the guns in hand by this weekend and will post pics then, probably Saturday since I have to make a little road trip on Friday to pick up my summer sausage.

frans

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, that's great. The closest I came to winning anything at these banquests was when a ticket was drawn which was just one number off from the one I held. Statistically that is the same as having no matching numbers at all... still it was exciting until they called out the fourth digit.

Frans (not lucky in lotteries, draws and raffles)

OP
WonkyWapiti
Ok I brought the guns home. In my excitement after winning the Kimber I made a mistake about the shotgun. The shotgun I won is actually a wood stock Mossberg pump shotgun. I'm still happy because I needed a bird gun. The Kimber rifle is really sweet. I'll have to post pics this weekend.