I won the lottery!

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
12416bd8118168e2b20cd1baa57a47f6.jpg

Finally got him scored. 51 0/8. #3 for Utah Pope and Young! Couldn’t officially enter him in the books because I used the Garmin sight but still pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need a book to let you know you got a world class goat.

Last edited:
3b321f24085cd289d52e58336ca09a06.jpg

708a2fd7863f68328268da55342eafcc.jpg

Here he is! I love how the mount turned out! From dream tag to trophy on the wall. Truly an amazing and unforgettable experience.

Sweet mount Cody, I really like the way he turned out. Man that hair is gorgeous!:D

Last edited:

kwren

FNG
Absolutely awesome story! Congrats on the stud goat Cody! Hopefully one of these days I will get to experience an archery goat hunt myself!!

What a beautiful mount , Congrats , That hair resemble's most that I have seen from Kodiak taken later in the year , say Oct. timeframe , all the star's line up for you on that one , Mass and great hair , Well done .

Aklongbow

FNG
Great Story , Very nice goat and a beautiful mount !!!! Congratulations !!!
I am still dreaming of taking my first goat and with a longbow .. Lol

Bighorse

WKR
Well done sir! Over coming adversity is the trophy aspect of the goat hills. You've kept your family together and continued to pursue excellence.
Nice Goat and I hope ya ate more than Top Ramen :)

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Wow! Congrats on an awesome experience, dream come true and thanks for sharing!👍

Operator

Lil-Rokslider
Cool story, beautiful goat, looks like your son likes him too. Glad you recovered from surgery, I had a spinal fusion surgery about a year ago, going on an elk hunt this fall at 66 God is good.

Smtn10pt

FNG
Hell of a goat, and a beautiful mount! Curious what made you switch your setup midway through your hunt?

OP
cody21peterson
Hell of a goat, and a beautiful mount! Curious what made you switch your setup midway through your hunt?

I was using the Garmin Xero and originally I had heavy FMJ’s set up for elk with a grim reaper fixed blade. I switched to a lighter Easton axis tipped with a sevr mechanical so I could get a little more range out of my sight