I wonder what the 'announcement' will be....

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Trump made an offer to Demon Rats .

5.7 Billion wall funds $850 million emergency money for 1 other item, $800 million for another. If I can recall, kids @ the border and judges for the 900,000 immigration pending cases.

Then the biggie, 3 year extension to DACA and Temp status peeps.

Demon Rats assuredly won’t relent and agree. They feel they are running the power even while not in office. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Pelosi's reply pretty much sums up the Democratic Party............."The California Democrat said Trump's expected offer was "not a good-faith effort" to help the immigrants and could not pass the House."

They still care more about the illegal immigrants than they do their own American citizens. That's pathetic, and people still continue to vote for them. Mindboggling!

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Pelosi's reply pretty much sums up the Democratic Party............."The California Democrat said Trump's expected offer was "not a good-faith effort" to help the immigrants and could not pass the House."

They still care more about the illegal immigrants than they do their own American citizens. That's pathetic, and people still continue to vote for them. Mindboggling!
Baffling isn't it?
The list is long and egregious.

R

manitou1

WKR
Heck yeah they care more for the immigrants. It's what keeps them in office. That is all they care about. They care nothing about our nation's solidarity or security as long as they can revel in their stinking wealth and elitism.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Heck yeah they care more for the immigrants. It's what keeps them in office. That is all they care about. They care nothing about our nation's solidarity or security as long as they can revel in their stinking wealth and elitism.

Its enough to make you wanna vomit.

dukhunt

FNG
There is nothing he can do or propose that will make them happy. Maybe he should stop trying. They absolutely HATE that man. I’m not saying I like him as a person but I do like how he has put his foot down and stood his ground.

tdhanses

WKR
Trump made an offer to Demon Rats .

5.7 Billion wall funds $850 million emergency money for 1 other item, $800 million for another. If I can recall, kids @ the border and judges for the 900,000 immigration pending cases.

Then the biggie, 3 year extension to DACA and Temp status peeps.

Demon Rats assuredly won’t relent and agree. They feel they are running the power even while not in office. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot the Senate will vote on this this week, it’ll then be up to house democrats to either pass it or continue the shit down, just blows my mind how all off the house democrats were for this when Obama was Prez but now it immoral.

oldgoat

WKR
I'm retired military and get a government check every month to subsidize my job money, so I'm somewhat a government employee and I blame the Dems for this, I'm smart enough to have some money in the bank to tide me over and I don't live paycheck to paycheck, never have, not even when I was a young enlisted sailor, I always had money in the bank, maybe not a lot but some!

sndmn11

WKR
Well we can tell who on this forum aren't federal employees.

2/3rds of of our income is from federal. It is pretty amazing the amount of free things around Denver for Fed employees during all of this.

You forgot the Senate will vote on this this week, it’ll then be up to house democrats to either pass it or continue the shit down, just blows my mind how all off the house democrats were for this when Obama was Prez but now it immoral.

I think his strategy of putting others in a notorious position to say yes or no will get him re-elected in 2020. I think it is also a sure fire way for the house to spend the next two years pushing an impeachment because of who would be third in the line of succession.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well we can tell who on this forum aren't federal employees.

Even when I was a federal employee, I didn't mind the free vacations of government shutdowns no matter how long they lasted. I mean, everyone has savings don't they? Of course they "should". We always got paid eventually, but I would have been just fine with them sticking to the shutdown and not paying us. People need to start putting the good of the country as a whole ahead of themselves and any personal and/or selfish motivations.

Some things are more important than whether 0.2% of the population (800k) is working at the moment. Especially since they're going to get paid anyway, whether they are working or not. And here's the best part..........the Dems are arguing over $5.7 billion for a wall, yet if the average employee that is supposedly not getting paid is making $1k a week, after 4 weeks we're already up to $3.2 billion just in salaries. The Dems are literally cutting off their feet to spite their face. This has nothing to do with the money at all, or even the philosophy or ideology. They just can't allow Trump a victory. That's the definition of "petty", and at the expense of the country. Absolutely pathetic. And the worst part of all this........there's at least a couple individuals that support them in this. I can't believe a single American supports that crap. And to top it all off.......all these people will be paid regardless of how long this shutdown goes on. So we'll still pay out all the money, but get hardly any productivity for that money spent. All the while, the wall could have been paying for itself in long term dividends. Citizens should be outraged at the Dems, but they're misguided, misinformed, or really don't care about America.

That's the problem with America today........everybody only cares about themselves and/or their little special interest group instead of raising America and the Constitution above all that.

If every decision that Congress and the Presidents (past and present) made passed the "what's best for the nation as a whole" instead of "what's best for this small group of people at the expense of the nation" test, we wouldn't have the very high majority of the problems that we have today. And the worst part is........that's exactly what the government's responsibility is, and they've been failing us for a very long time. But that's how nations eventually collapse and fail.......we're right on track. Yay.

So many hunters seem so bent on the need to educate the anti's or non-hunting public about hunting, yet many of these same folks need educating on simple government, American Patriotism, the Constitution, and why liberalism will collapse the nation. If they're not willing to learn, how on earth do they expect to teach all these non-hunters.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

Yes, but even the Senate will need some Dem support to pass it. They'll still need 60 votes. I can't believe the number of Americans that still believe that just because the Republicans had both the House and Senate before this election that they could just pass whatever they wanted with a simple majority. SMH. So these same idiots think that the Republicans can't get anything done even when they have both chambers, so they vote for the Dems instead..........not realizing that it was the Dems that were blocking anything positive getting done.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
The dems view any wall built by Mr. Trump as a win for him and a fulfillment of his campaign promise. Thus they will not vote for it. The explanation is that simple.

It does not matter to them what they supported when bo was POTUS.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If every decision that Congress and the Presidents (past and present) made passed the "what's best for the nation as a whole" instead of "what's best for this small group of people at the expense of the nation" test, we wouldn't have the very high majority of the problems that we have today. And the worst part is........that's exactly what the government's responsibility is, and they've been failing us for a very long time. But that's how nations eventually collapse and fail.......we're right on track. Yay.
Yay

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Here are some freebies that 5 minutes of googles turned up. What is going on is exactly what our government was designed to do with a checks and balances system. Two groups of legislators must agree in order for the executive to have an official decision, right now that hasn't happened and the legislative branch hasn't produced anything.... Some legislators blaming the executive branch would be like a football team blaming the kicker for missing PATs when they don't score any touchdowns.

https://www.alpinebank.com/community/blog/post.html?slug=loans-for-furloughed-government-employees

https://troutsflyfishing.com/a/info...guided-trips-for-furloughed-federal-employees

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/01/19/polis-unemployment-benefits-federal-workers/

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/14/denver-mortgage-aid-federal-workers-shutdown/