Ibex

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience hunting Ibex in Mid Asia, Turkey, and or Europe? Can you offer suggestions on a outfitter, country, cost, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a guy who posted about that a fair amount in the past.

You can probably find the threads with a search.

idig4au

WKR
I've hunted a few species of Ibex in a few countries (Turkey, Pakistan, Mongolia, Tajikistan). What do you want to know specifically? Costs vary substantially from species to species as does recommended outfitters. Shoot me a PM with specifics

goose21

FNG
I am going to Kyrgyzstan in January for mid-asian ibex. Should be a hell of an adventure

OP
Pk_in_Dallas

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to Kyrgyzstan in January for mid-asian ibex. Should be a hell of an adventure

Let me know how it goes. I'm going to book a trip for next year.

Kilboars

WKR
I can recommend Iberhunting out of Spain. I know he hunts other country's as well.

3db741dc0171bd6834df95c76cc48f62.jpg

goose21

FNG
I am going with Arpa Marco Polo LTD. Heard good things about Kay and his operation. It is going to be damn cold but it was the only time I could get away for the adventure.

jwb300

WKR
I am going with Arpa Marco Polo LTD. Heard good things about Kay and his operation. It is going to be damn cold but it was the only time I could get away for the adventure.

yeah I've heard he runs a good show. Make sure you take your own rile - I know a guy who hunted with him and borrowed a rifle and it was a disaster. Some old soviet semi-auto that couldn't hit the side of the barn.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted in Turkey for Bezoar Ibex with Shikar Safaris.

Good outfit with lots of places to hunt in Turkey.

Kaan Karakaya is a good guy to deal with. PM me with any questions.

They also hunt many of the regions you are asking about in addition to Turkey.

goose21

FNG
Thanks for the heads up on rifle rental. I am planning on bringing my 300RUM so I don't have to have any hassle. Just have to get in better shape now for those steep mountains!!

Sodbuster

WKR
Altai Mountains, Mongolia.
Fun hunt. Cabelas is still booking for this area and it is not that expensive.
Had it all.Climbing, horseback riding,yurt camp, long distance shooting.

I would like to go back and hunt down in the Gobi desert.

Attachments

• IMG_3075.jpg
    IMG_3075.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 137

TXCO

WKR
I hunted Kyrgyzstan a few years back and had a great time. My friend did kazakstan last year and loved it. Azerbaijan in July. Turkey is getting so overpriced for Bezoar. Mongolia is at the top of my list.

OP
Pk_in_Dallas

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I'm realizing that I don't have the time for most of these hunts. Many of them are 10-12 day hunts with a few days travel after that. I have also found that some of these hunts have limitations on the size for pricing.

mtnhntr

WKR
I've hunted ibex with Shikar Safaris in Turkey, and hunted mid-Asian after I took my Marco Polo in Tajikistan.

The hunts in Turkey are all based on CMs and/or points - I took a gold medal and had a bucket of money in my ibex there and it was definitely what I would call a gentlemans hunt. Meaning they are super selective and know exactly what billy they want you to take.

Once you leave Europe it's more of a real hunt (bow hunting Europe is tough but rifle hunting isn't as much) and a free-for-all. Pricing drops, and physicalness of hunting escalates. It's not crazy but you need to be in shape.

And always, always, always - take your own gun!!! I don't trust anyone. I've tried renting one twice because my ex-wife wanted to tour before and after the hunt and I was very unhappy with the outcome. I took what I was after but not the way I like to operate.

Bump for info on Kyrgyzstan ibex hunts.

How far should a guy book in advance? Any preference for early or late season hunts?

There was a fiasco a few years back with foreign hunters being incarcerated but I'm still keen to go.

Craig4791

WKR
Im going for Ibex in Kyrgyzstan in 2019 with Asian Mountain Outfitters run by Bryan Martin. I've had a few friends that have went with him, all had good reports and loved the hunt. From my understanding booking one year out is pretty normal.

I hunted Kyrgyzstan last year in September. I wouldn't recommend going that early goats are super high and hunting is very very tough. If I do it again I would do mid to late November be ready to deal with cold weather but goats are much lower do to heavy snow. I was fortunate to harvest 2 ibex on my trip