Ice ax loops for Timberline

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
i got my Timberline pack and noticed there were no ice ax loops. Any suggestions to modify the pack or attach them on?

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
Ice axe. Backpacking in the early summer on steep snowfields or crossing glaciers in the Cascades.

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
The loops are usually located near the bottom portion of the pack. The ice axe shaft slides through the loop, flip it up, then strap it to the pack. There is only webbing located on the side of the pack. I'll figure something out.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Check under military accessories on the Kifaru site, they have an ice ax holder. Not sure if it will work with the timberline or not. It's worth a shot anyhow.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Grab-it (I know this is a shovel, but an axe would work too):
grabit_kevin.jpg

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
It does look like this would attach to the webbing loops on the bottom of a Timberline and the handle could be clipped into one of the upper straps:
iceaxe_combo.jpg

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I actually manufactured something out of 550 cord for my ice Axe, but it attaches the same way/area as the photo above. I use the upper horizontal compression strap to keep it in place.

Bearcat

FNG
They can be worth there weight in gold. I have gotten out of some pretty wicked places that with out one I still would probably be stuck up on the mountain!

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
I checked out the military packs from Kifaru and the ice axe attachment, but unfortunatley the Timberline model packs only have webbing on the sides of the pack and hip belt. I have some extra cord I'll rig something up.