Ice fishing outfits

TSAMP

WKR
So every Febuary me and some buddies do a 2 or 3 day ice fishing trip. Typically it's been in Wisconsin for whitefish and we rent a shanty on the ice that sleeps us 6. This is generally for whitefish and I'd like to get some new scenery, a couple of the guys only fish these 2 days a year. Anybody got reccomendations for a guide/rental in wisconsin/mn/sd areas? Doesn't have to be a sleeper shanty.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you prefer.

def90

WKR
Go for walleye on Lake Mille Lacs, Leech Lake, Lake of the Woods.. hundreds of options for that in Minnesota.

OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
Go for walleye on Lake Mille Lacs, Leech Lake, Lake of the Woods.. hundreds of options for that in Minnesota.
Yea ive fished some of those lakes myself. Anybody you'd recommend?

def90

WKR
Yea ive fished some of those lakes myself. Anybody you'd recommend?

I always just did it myself with my own gear, should be able to narrow down a few options with online searches, I know there are tons of outfits throughout northern Mn that rent out ice houses. Some are independant guide services, others are partnered with some of the big resorts up there.

Boomtakem2

Lil-Rokslider
Arneson's Resort on Lake of the Woods. Actually, there are a number of top quality resorts on the southern side of the lake. Once the border opens, the northwest angle is a even more remote option. Great winter fishing...walleye, sauger, pike, and a bonus burbot!

If you've got any flexibility on your dates early/mid December up to the first week of January is usually a more consistent/better time for Walleye. You can catch them all season, but the later it gets the more hit and miss it can be from my experience. I might be mistaken but later in the season can be better for bigger northerns up there. I'd take mille lacs off the list due to current walleye regs. I think a snow bear guide on Devils Lake ND for Jumbo perch could be another interesting trip. buddy does it every year and they get some big ones.