Ice fishing.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yep if the flasher battery is dead or it breaks or I forget it I don’t even fish
Same.

Id grab a st croix avid ice in MH. Made in the US, fits your budget.

I don’t spend much on ice reels. A shimano sienna does all I need.

Also really depends on what size trout we are talking. Inland trout around here are not big. I usually end up fishing them with small bluegill jigs on spring bobber setups.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
Check Gander Outdoors if you have one nearby. They are running sales and cash back on ice fishing equipment.

2ski

WKR
Start with whatever rod you already fish with. Unless you're in a hut, you have room to use it.

The thing I love about ice fishing is you can be out in places you have to have a boat to get to when there's no ice. You can buy a handpowered auger for around $50, use a rod you use for summertime fishing, and buy a little ice scoop for a couple $'s. Throw a maggot on and you're fishing. You can make it cheap. Now the more money you spend the more comfortable and successfull you'll be. And the easier it gets to drill a hole. But you're fishing.

You're feet will be cold unless you invest in warm boots. But they don't have to be $400 mountain boots. A pair of Muck boots with some foot warmers in them should keep you warm.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Mickey or bunny boots from army surplus to keep your feet warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
Think I’ll probably go with a

Clam Jason Mitchell Mackinaw Big Fish Series Spinning Rod​

In medium heavy.

just need to pick a reel now

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Indiana with friends,

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_20191027_190435012.jpeg