Ice Mule Cooler

blackdawg

WKR
Just saw this in Cabela's. This looks like a great way to haul meat for the traveling hunter. Anyone out there put their mitts on this product or tested it yet? Looks like a product that needs a review before this fall from my point of view.

oldgoat

WKR
I won one last night, but it would hard pressed to hold more than a turkey carcass in size, it's about the size of a 30L dry bag but doesn't hold that much due to the insulation. Maybe your talking about a bigger size one, but I don't think it would compare to a hard side cooler ever!

charvey9

WKR
I just bought one for that same reason. Lighter than a hopper cooler. I've kept meat frozen for air travel in a Rubbermaid container and used clothing / sleeping bag as insulation with good results. This should help, and could even carry on smaller game as long as it was frozen.

I'll be using mine soon for shore fishing / crabbing on the coast. The 20 L fits nicely in my pack with some ice and beer. Plan is to drink beer and backfill with surf perch as I fish my way down the beach. Will be a nice little weekend.

OP
B

blackdawg

WKR
The website says they have a 40 liter,,,I saw this product and immediately thought of airline travel with boned out meat. Apparently new/untested product, not a big fan of the Yeti type coolers,,too heavy, expensive and subject to theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gr8bawana

WKR
That cooler looks like something for the millenials down the street to pack their michelob ultras or chardonnay to a picnic.

Wander-Ware-Camping-Wine-Cup-2.jpg