I'd be a better hunter if I....

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be a better hunter if I got more days in the field. My fieldcraft is pretty good, equipment is coming along, but the number of days I get to go watch animals, scout, etc where I'm not ACTUALLY hunting is much lower than I would like. Government job often forces me to take leave outside seasons then makes it hard to get away to hunt for any real length of time.

Randle

WKR
"if I would keep my eye on the bull." last year we called in a satelite bull, had him several times at 40 yards , but everytime I would start to focus the shot the herd bull, would beller at 60 yards or so. Dang I could not focus on that satellite bull with the big boy piping off.

Pro953

WKR
Wasn’t married.

I have thought this a few times, single, no kids, etc... but I have come to terms with the fact I might not appreciate the time I had to hunt as much if I could go on a whim. Also one of the best parts is spending the next year sharing and the meat with my kids and family.

Not sure what I would do with all of the meat if it was just me. Guess I would just make a lot of friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk