ID Tag Sales 2022

Brianb3

WKR
Its still chaos just a little more organized. With this much demand they should just go to a random draw without points. At this point youre basically screwed if you are not available to be online at 10am Dec 1.

It is a random draw but at zero $. Start points then it’s not free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_volt

WKR

The issue is that their system sucks (me not being able to check out, and they still haven't called me) and you have to be available before 10:00am for up to 4+ hours.

cmeyer733

FNG

I would take a $10 or $15 application fee over todays fiasco any day... I am definitely not advocating for a point system, just a better way to distribute these tags..

I started at about 9900 this morning and after 3 hours finally got in. Was looking at what tags were left when it kicked me out and put me at number 30,000... WTF! I tried logging back out then back in and it kept me at 30,000. Unbelievable.

kvw4x4

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not great at math that being said. It sounds like most deer and nonresident elk tags sold out today. 12,800 elk 15000 deer averaging about $900 each. That’s $25 million 😬

I didn’t get my 1st choice tag but me and 5 others got our second choice so that’s a plus

Beendare

WKR
My waiting room number was 11,438....all tags long gone after waiting 2 1/2 hours.....

My buddy in ID said there was a long line at the retail outfit this morning....

What a crummy system....

wweaver

FNG
I agree with it’s a good system if it actually held your place in line. I was number 3800 and was pumped as I new I would finally get the tags I wanted this year. Then it kicked me out when it said it was redirecting me after waiting and bam back to end of the line.
It was close this year, better than it has been. It’s like a lottery and roulette rolled into one.

Rob5589

WKR
Something to consider; let IDFG know your frustrations, respectfully. I spoke to an agent last season when buying a bear tag and respectfully expressed my frustration buying an elk tag for 21. She understood and I wasn't the first. They definitely need to fortify the system and/or make some changes to decrease system demand. Deer on one day and elk another would make sense. Good luck in 22!

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I was number 11,381. Took a couple hours but I got a mule deer tag and a elk today in the unit I wanted. Yay!

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I started at about 9900 this morning and after 3 hours finally got in. Was looking at what tags were left when it kicked me out and put me at number 30,000... WTF! I tried logging back out then back in and it kept me at 30,000. Unbelievable.
Damn I’d be so mad.

Idaho resident here… terrible system!

Husband was like #11,800 something. He had the ability to run down to the local store in Montana and just buy the tag. I sat in the que on the computer to see how long it took for the unit he wanted sold out. If he had to rely on just the online portal he would of missed out on the tag. They had a line like 17 people deep and a few been standing for over an hour which isn’t bad all things considered

Don’t worry guys I’m sure there will soon be a youtube video on strategies for getting Idaho tags
Brought to you by leupold, exo, sitka, hoyt, crispi, first lite, schnees, gerber, mystery ranch, howa, weatherby, mtn ops, benchmade, phelps, and vortex. Don't forget to like and subscribe, turn that bell on and smash that like button! We'll see ya next time!

Husband was like #11,800 something. He had the ability to run down to the local store in Montana and just buy the tag. I sat in the que on the computer to see how long it took for the unit he wanted sold out. If he had to rely on just the online portal he would of missed out on the tag. They had a line like 17 people deep and a few been standing for over an hour which isn’t bad all things considered

Today I learned there are retail locations selling Idaho hunting tags outside of Idaho.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I was 18,803 and tried to call to try everything possible. Finally got my call back from them at 8:30pm! Brutal

j_volt

WKR
Just got a call… they told me their system had some glitches today, and there is nothing they can do if a tag sold out. Classic.