ID Tag Sales 2022

I double checked the vendors and was excited to see that! Was really awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today I learned there are retail locations selling Idaho hunting tags outside of Idaho.
I believe they can only sell NR tags. I learned that once when driving back to Idaho from SLC and tried to buy a tag in Tremonton on my way to my hunt area.

wnelson14

WKR
Brought to you by leupold, exo, sitka, hoyt, crispi, first lite, schnees, gerber, mystery ranch, howa, weatherby, mtn ops, benchmade, phelps, and vortex. Don't forget to like and subscribe, turn that bell on and smash that like button! We'll see ya next time!
I wish I could like this post like 14,543 times like the number I was in line today. Such a true statement.

Zbot

WKR
I was 10832....once my turn came up and it stated it was redirecting me it refreshed and I was 30093. Needless to say I didn’t get anything. 😡

PMcGee

WKR
I was 1067 when my time came it told me my session had expired. Luckily I logged back in and I kept my spot and was able to get my tag. Couple of my buddies got tags a couple didn’t. I don’t mind the way it’s done they just need to make sure they fix the glitches that people we’re having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SWOHTR

WKR
Insane! I remember 3 years ago how hard it was to get a tag for Sawtooth (is it still? probably, don't know, I've been busy the last few years). Good for the state to be able to capitalize on this opportunity. For everyone else...my guess would be to give it five years. The appeal of social media marketing to the younger (my) generation is apparently incredibly important and is working. Maybe more people need to go back to work! Hah.

Also…who has a job that allows them to take an hour off in the middle of the work day to try to buy a game tag? Or do people just not work these days.

Last edited:
Interesting way to get a tag but I got mine so looks like I'll be hunting Idaho for the first time in a long while!
I logged in at 9:40 and was number 2200 ish, my buddy did right after me and was 12000+
Maybe I get preference for being born there? Got the tag I wanted. Tiny Idaho bucks here I come!

TheTone

WKR
Brought to you by leupold, exo, sitka, hoyt, crispi, first lite, schnees, gerber, mystery ranch, howa, weatherby, mtn ops, benchmade, phelps, and vortex. Don't forget to like and subscribe, turn that bell on and smash that like button! We'll see ya next time!
And that is essentially what has created the first day panic buy. Tag services, social media channels, etc that pushed a narrative last year regarding the caps and here we are.

Fullfan

WKR
Agree with a shit show. Son and I logged in and were 800ish and 1490ish. When the guy guit walking and we were both redirected to buy tags. We were both logged out. I logged back in and ended up 17542, he could not log in. Said no profile with his info existed. After several attempts a phone call was made. Idaho said in his profile that last name was changed. Umm okay how. His general hunting license and archery permit were both renewed at 0001.

We both used separate service providers

Mtnboy

WKR
Why??? Why??? Just why???

We complain about services and YouTubers telling people how to go about things, but here we are with this whole thread starting while the waiting room was open and reminding anyone that had forgot or though what the hell I'll jump in.

And now we are reminding them to watch for returned tags. . . I'm all for helping people but let's all just stop!!!! If you're not serious enough to know when draws are, or how to apply, or when deadlines are for points, sorry your just one less competitor for resources!
You're 100% correct, I'm honestly ashamed of myself. Was just trying to be a nice guy....you can see where that gets ya :ROFLMAO:

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
I wish they would go to a random draw, no points. only because ID seems incapable of having a working system. I've read of way to many people being kicked out when redirected or the site freezing up when clicking "Pay Now"

I had the "Pay Now" glitch last year. Never got a tag.

This chaos is essentially a random draw, Random draw with a must be present to win stipulation.

BDRam16

WKR
Why??? Why??? Just why???

We complain about services and YouTubers telling people how to go about things, but here we are with this whole thread starting while the waiting room was open and reminding anyone that had forgot or though what the hell I'll jump in.

And now we are reminding them to watch for returned tags. . . I'm all for helping people but let's all just stop!!!! If you're not serious enough to know when draws are, or how to apply, or when deadlines are for points, sorry your just one less competitor for resources!
Welcome to the internet. I hope you enjoyed your stay.

You forgot one important line: "Check out our MERCH". These companies are not only exploiting hunting through YouTube videos, but they are also making $$$$$ slinging products.

Born & Raised now has hats, shirts, calls, bugle tubes, backpacks thru EXO, etc....
GoHunt has their own virtual store.
MeatEater now has multiple product companies under their umbrella

As much as we like to complain, our hard earned dollars are funding the demise of hunting....

tdhanses

WKR
You forgot one important line: "Check out our MERCH". These companies are not only exploiting hunting through YouTube videos, but they are also making $$$$$ slinging products.

Born & Raised now has hats, shirts, calls, bugle tubes, backpacks thru EXO, etc....

As much as we like to complain, our hard earned dollars are funding the demise of hunting....
Guess what, with your logic your participation in the forum is as well, best stop immediately or be a hypocrite, also we should stop supporting all hunting manufactures as they are contributing as well.

Rob5589

WKR

Here's the link, in case you missed it...

Guess what, with your logic your participation in the forum is as well, best stop immediately or be a hypocrite, also we should stop supporting all hunting manufactures as they are contributing as well.
I absolutely am a hypocryte! I enjoy watching some of those elk hunting YouTube vids over the winter, I'm obviously on here and another hunting related site. I also have an EXO pack and some FL gear. I'm not saying any one individual or group is the problem, just stating what I feel is fueling the hunting craze and why the YouTubers are doing it.

If you have the desire and want to go hunting, I'm happy for you and hope you're successful. I just don't like how a lot of these videos are geared towards the newbie hunter or someone who's never tried hunting before.

I like what someone above posted, ride the upcurve of this bell curve out for 5 years and hopefully a lot of people trying hunting for the first time will figure out it's not for them. Maybe they'll move onto something else?