ID Tag Sales 2022

JD Jones

WKR
Had the pay now glitch last year so I hunted bears in Idaho… had the glitch again this year but miraculously I was able to get my first choice. Win some loose some. Idaho is a better system than some states out west. IMO

Grant K

FNG
Well guys, this system beats Nevada, Washington, Utah, etc...
Enjoy these days, they may be chaotic, but opportunity still exists, someday it won't.

The good old days are now.
This... I never thought 5 years ago when I rolled into my unit and bought two non-res tags in the middle of the season that I'd be hoping for a low random number to get a tag...
that said, for everyone complaining have you tried all the other systems? you had a really good idea if you were getting your tag at 2 minutes after 10 with no money involved, if that cost me a half hour of my time I'm in, I'm all for having to have some skin in the game to play and I'd prefer some of my time to an app fee that people don't even think about. the tech issues suck, and I'd be pissed if that happened to me, but the system is great, beware of changing it to make it "better" because you might not like what you get.

You forgot one important line: "Check out our MERCH". These companies are not only exploiting hunting through YouTube videos, but they are also making $$$$$ slinging products.

Born & Raised now has hats, shirts, calls, bugle tubes, backpacks thru EXO, etc....
GoHunt has their own virtual store.
MeatEater now has multiple product companies under their umbrella

As much as we like to complain, our hard earned dollars are funding the demise of hunting....
Yep. There's a self-perpetuating problem here and no obvious fix. There's some incredible gear and companies out there, no doubt.

Maybe what we need to do is lay some stigma on the guys that are making a career out of hunting but not actually doing anything productive? Making sweet rifles is productive and funnels money into the right pile for conservation etc. Pointing a camera at yourself as you prance around in the woods blowing in a plastic tube because it nets you subscribers and ad revenue from a silicon valley tech giant is NOT PRODUCTIVE. But we still watch...

Yep. There's a self-perpetuating problem here and no obvious fix. There's some incredible gear and companies out there, no doubt.

Maybe what we need to do is lay some stigma on the guys that are making a career out of hunting but not actually doing anything productive? Making sweet rifles is productive and funnels money into the right pile for conservation etc. Pointing a camera at yourself as you prance around in the woods blowing in a plastic tube because it nets you subscribers and ad revenue from a silicon valley tech giant is NOT PRODUCTIVE. But we still watch...
And don't forget those slicon valley tech giants are overwhelmingly against hunting. I've heard R. Newberg complain that if you show a knife, rifle, blood, etc... it can take away from your potential revenue. Which is why he created his own channel.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Quote I love hunting Idaho. At least it isn't a lottery or preference point system. Quote

Um... log into system, have lottery decide what number in.line you are.... thats a lottery. First come first serve depending on a lottery to find out who came fjrst

And they still didnt fix it for a party. I have no issue with them limiting tags but they still need to fix the mechanics of it

Rob5589

WKR
Quote I love hunting Idaho. At least it isn't a lottery or preference point system. Quote

Um... log into system, have lottery decide what number in.line you are.... thats a lottery. First come first serve depending on a lottery to find out who came fjrst

And they still didnt fix it for a party. I have no issue with them limiting tags but they still need to fix the mechanics of it
Have you reached out to IDFG to express your frustration? Same shit happened last year; next year will be the same. While not the influence that residents have, 5000+ non residents making their frustrations known has to have some impact with them and the commission.

UA_Blake

FNG
Well, they are averaging 5.6 tags/min so if you are 14k back in line unless something changes you have a 42 hour wait. This is much worse than I was expecting 😂

huntsd

WKR
has anyone actually been able to buy a tag yet? no one I know even with low number has been able too

wweaver

FNG
No, my buddy was 500 and something. He stuck at 140 , I told him just hang on and wait for the big crash when he is 5 people out lol. Stupid. Three hours and 300 some people through online. I hope no one has to work tonight tonight and Tomm.

WMag338

WKR
At the rate this process is going, my number will be up right about the time when the people first in line are stepping into the elk woods next September.