ID Unit 54 Archery Elk

TheTone

WKR
Casey killed 2 great bulls. I killed a super heavy, old bull. Deadline was great and I totally recommend them…
Share a pic? Truth is I’ll probably never draw the unit, a a super tag or be able to afford to buy a tag from deadline and like seeing big bulls from my home state

Ethan g

FNG
Pm me…I had the tag last year and have it again this year…
My hunt got cut way short, as I didn't plan to start hunting until the middle of the month. I got a few days in, but didn't get to finish my hunt due to the fires. So, I don't know about that rule but I think it was fair overall...To draw such a great tag and not get to hunt it but for a few days would be a bit depressing!
I drew the unit 54 tag this year. Any pointers you could give me Mike on where to go?

OP
jmillr1

jmillr1

WKR
I drew the unit 54 tag this year. Any pointers you could give me Mike on where to go?
Honestly the terrain is some of the easiest I've ever hunted.

2nd or 3rd week of September depending on the moon and you'll be set. There aren't a ton of hunters out there for archery. I know I'm making this sound way easy but honestly there are a literal ton of bulls in that unit. I had the tag last year and easily saw 18ish Bulls in a few days. I won't get into my failures on the hunt, but make sure your gear is good to go and triple-check the crap out of it. Its a once in a lifetime tag. I can't give you where I hunted b/c I made contact with a local near by on FB and he gave me his hunt area since I was an out of state veteran that was sworn to secrecy.

In all seriousness, you'll hear bugles. Good luck and I hope you have a good caller. Cow calls are what brought the majority of bulls towards us and we had more than a few encounters at 8 -10 yards.