Idaho 41-1

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Brother drew this October elk tag, he’s going to get to scout but I will not. Anyone familiar with the unit willing to chat via PM about the unit?

Neitz

FNG
I don't have any info to share (just yet) but figured I'd drop a line in the thread since we may cross paths out there!

Wassid82

WKR
My son drew the late season cow tag. If I find areas that might be helpful to you ill pass it along

OP
B

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
That would be awesome. Any info is great, we’ve hunted the jarbidge on the Nevada side a couple times and are assuming the terrain is similar to some areas we’ve hunted. We’re going in a couple capable trucks and a travel trailer but the snow/rain is still concerning due to us going in the last week of October due to a couple other hunts.

Loco4dux

WKR
I’ve got the muzzy antelope tag on the east side. Going to scout next week for elk in a different unit but will swing through there as well. I’ll keep in touch.

That would be awesome. Any info is great, we’ve hunted the jarbidge on the Nevada side a couple times and are assuming the terrain is similar to some areas we’ve hunted. We’re going in a couple capable trucks and a travel trailer but the snow/rain is still concerning due to us going in the last week of October due to a couple other hunts.

It usually stays dry in that country until Dec/Jan time frame. Even then the snow doesn't pile up and block roads until some time in January unless an unusual storm rolls through.

I’ve had one of the January cow tags in this area the last few years. From talking with people who know the area better a lot of the resident elk live in the canyon bottoms. Walking along the rim and glassing down into the canyons has helped me locate a few groups in my time there.

Neitz

FNG
Here's my take-away from this week: Those roads sure get greasy with some rain.
I'm sure once they freeze up it's not so much of a concern. but some warm weather moisture like we had this week will sure have an affect on travel out there.

Also, there is some logging going on around South Mountain. I didn't talk to anyone to see how long they expect to be out there.