Idaho 76-1

j_volt

WKR
I never wanted to make a post that ran along the lines of "I just joined the forum, but I have been lurking for years. I drew an antelope tag and am looking for advice. I don't need your honey hole but if you could get me within 100 yards of it, that'd be great. I promise to share Missouri squirrel information with you if you help me out."

Well, I guess I am officially that guy...

I somehow pulled 1 of 5 tags for Idaho 76-1. The forums don't have much information likely due to the lack of tags. I have talked with Idaho G&F (shoutout to Anna and Eric for the help). I have gathered that there are quality animals due to lack of pressure, but getting them to public can be tricky. So my question - does anyone have any experience in the area that they would care to share?

Feel free to message me if you would like, but I am fine getting any information in anyway possible (reply, PM, snail mail, homing pigeon, smoke signals, etc.).

Thank you!
Joe

OP
j_volt

j_volt

WKR
The AirBNB is booked and I’ll be heading west on 8/25! I am very excited. I appreciate everyone for reading the post, and will still be forever grateful for any hot (or even lukewarm) tips :)

OP
j_volt

j_volt

WKR
FD85541E-D1ED-462A-AC74-161F9FD3CDCB.jpeg
After shamelessly asking for information, it only seems fair to post an update. In 3 days, I saw 2 bucks and ~30 does/fawns. Every antelope I saw was on private, and thanks to a very nice landowner, I was able to get it done on 8/26. Frankly, I wouldn’t recommend the hunt unless you enjoy scratching your truck with sage brush and not seeing many antelope. Thanks to everyone for the advice in the PMs. I’m sure the unit will come back, but the antelope numbers definitely seem down (which was even more evident driving I-80 across Wyoming). Cheers!