Idaho archery buck

VANDAL

WKR
Here's the pic of the buck I killed in Sept with my bow in Idaho. If you followed the thread "Idaho Archery Bucks" you know I found this buck 7 days after the shot, unfortunatley. Birds had destroyed his velvet so I sent it in to Research Mannikins for artificial velet. I think it turned out very nice...definitely an option to consider if velvet is less than perfect.

Anyways, the buck scored 173" with only a 17" inside spread. Good forks, 6" inch bases, 3" eye gaurds, and six additonal inches of points around his burrs.

PIC_0034.jpg

D

david long

Nice buck Corey. Good luck today and tomorrow on the other buck you are going after.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Corey,
good to finally see that deer. He's a good buck. I really like his evenness and the bases.

Glad you like the Research Mannikins restored velvet. I loved mine and might even strip my next velvet buck (if I can hit him?) and put their product on. It really is better than the natural look to me.

How much did it cost you?

Corey, if u can't shoot straight enough to kill him that day the least u can do is stay clear of the hobo spiders.

OP
V

VANDAL

WKR
Thanks guys!.

BasinRaider actually took off one of his days off saved for hunting to go look for this wounded buck while I was layed up on the couch from the bite. He's also the guy who blew the stalk on the buck in the video :)