Idaho Beaverhead Zone Archery DIY

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
First of all I'm new to the forum, I've been on other forums (not to mention names) and found that Rokslide is geared a lot more to my style of hunting. My buddy and I are planning a 10 day DIY backpack archery elk hunt for mid September in the Beaverhead zone. We have never hunted the area and we have been roaming through the vast web pages of the internet looking for any info possible and still have not made up our mind on what unit we are going to go to. We are leaning towards 59a or 30a but have no real knowledge of the area other than what we have found online and from the Idaho Fish and Game. We really need to settle on a unit so we can do more in depth research and plan a scouting trip.

I was hoping to connect with someone who's familiar with the area who could point us in the right direction. We have a couple areas in both units that we like based on google earth images but we are hoping to get some intel on what the hunting in these units is like (hunting pressure, terrain, weather, ease of access) Our main goal is to get of the beaten path and away from other hunters in a area that holds elk, we are both in pretty good shape a have been training for this hunt for quite some time.

We are both accomplished whitetail and turkey hunters in Kansas and would be more than happy to trade info and possibly provide the right person with private land access in central and SE Kansas as well as info on public land that we hunt.

Thanks and God Bless!!!
Josh

Idahogobbler

Lil-Rokslider
The beaver heads that go into Montana have a HUGE elk herd. I have never hunted the Idaho side but Montana side was great. Good luck and take lots of pics!!

OP
Josh86

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! Will definitely be taking plenty of pictures hopefully of big bull on the ground.

I hunted unit 30 last year. A little crowded with people but we got into elk. Seen a few nice bulls. I`m headed back this year.

Husband and I also hunted it last year and had issues running into other hunters. We were successful in harvesting an elk but it definitely was the most crowded place we’ve ever hunted in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk