Idaho bighorn sheep

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
I had the opportunity to hunt bighorn sheep this year in Idaho's biggest wilderness the Frank Church. I learned alot about this enormous country and it couldn't of turned out any better! The odds of finding a ram in this unit is slim but luck was on our side and we found one ram in 11 days of hunting....;)

14.jpg

Hunting 2012 064.jpg

Hunting 2012 058.jpg

Hunting 2012 108.jpg

Hunting 2012 126.jpg

strictlyRUM

Lil-Rokslider
Pm me if you don't want to post it. I was in the Frank for ten days this year looking for one of those. That looks familliar. I would like to hear more of the story also. I was told there were only two taken out of my area. But that was from the outfitter. The same one who called bullshit when I said I had seen 26 sheep. Two of which were four year old rams. He did have a guy with him that just paid ten grand to shoot a five year old. He was mad cause it was the only animal he saw in six days except a sow and cub. You earned that RAM! Congrats.

Jason

A buddy of mine from Boise helped his high school friend kill a ram in 19 this year...

Love that country and it is not easy!! Looks like you had camp on a sandy beach one day? Congratulations on a beautiful animal!!

OP
muleymemories

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
Pm me if you don't want to post it. I was in the Frank for ten days this year looking for one of those. That looks familliar. I would like to hear more of the story also. I was told there were only two taken out of my area. But that was from the outfitter. The same one who called bullshit when I said I had seen 26 sheep. Two of which were four year old rams. He did have a guy with him that just paid ten grand to shoot a five year old. He was mad cause it was the only animal he saw in six days except a sow and cub. You earned that RAM! Congrats.

Jason

I know of my ram and another that was killed in the unit(bighorn crags) I hunted. I'm not sure of any others yet. A buddy and I spent 9 days 16 miles from trailhead on the first trip. We seen plenty of sheep but no rams. The second trip we flew in and rafted down to the unit hunting the breaks. The ram I killed was the only ram we seen in a total of 15 days, eleven of those hunting. StrictlyRUM, you probably ran into Melton from Bighorn Outfitters. I heard from several hunters he can get quite defensive if your hunting the same area he has a client in. The way I look at it, it's all public land they we have a right to hunt!

My hats off to you!!
I have spent a bunch of time in there and love that place, but I won't put in for sheep there. They are way to few and far between, rafting it was a great idea. I know how hard you worked for that, congrats!!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go! You killed a good buck and a good ram in some of Idaho's toughest country in the same year!

We're not even worthy to read your posts :)

Good job.

Good job on a great trophy! I was also able to get a ram in 2012 in the same area. It took me about 21 hunting days to get one because I had the tag in 2004 and hunted 13 days in the unit that season.