Idaho Bighorns

ARNZ

FNG
I've accompanied a friend on a Frank Church sheep hunt in 27-2. Ruthless country. Unfortunately we ate tag soup. I'm trying my luck at drawing a tag in that unit this year. I feel a bit more confident that I've already been in there and back packed countless miles. Fingers crossed.

I am just learning about applying for sheep in Idaho as an out of stater. I understand I need to buy the license first. I did quick look through the online application and the only online hunting license I saw also included a 3 day fishing license. Is that correct? seemed weird. I will obviously get online and read but that was my first look.

I am just learning about applying for sheep in Idaho as an out of stater. I understand I need to buy the license first. I did quick look through the online application and the only online hunting license I saw also included a 3 day fishing license. Is that correct? seemed weird. I will obviously get online and read but that was my first look.

Yes they include a 3 day fishing license with all nonresident hunting license purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in for Rocky Mountain bighorns this year(again), one of these years. I don't think there is a mature bighorn ram out there that isn't a trophy and I'm not to worried about record books so I try to play the better odds units, except 27-1 I don't have time to live out there for a month to maybe have a crack at a ram, seems most of the other units have at least 50% or better success which in my mind I'll worker harder than 75% of the other hunters I know so killing a sheep in a unit with those kinds of draw odds should be realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard the same thing about 27-1 a lot, but a buddy pulled that tag about 8 years ago and while he was hiking in, he ran into some elk hunters coming out. Long story short. The elk hunters told him where 3 rams were bedded, so they hustled in, shot a ram and were out in 2 days.
tagged out on day 1 and headed home day 2. Some people have incredible luck.

I almost fell over when I found out I drew a 27-3 tag, anyone that has hunted in that unit for sheep have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate the information!!