Idaho Controlled deer Archery unit 22

Hello! New user here.

Quick update about what I'm asking and what I've done so far

1. I drew a unit 22 controlled archery tag good till Sep 30 -

2. I have been looking at old posts about unit 22 on Rokslide but still had some more questions about archery in late September

3. I went out and scouted last weekend but wasn't able to get into a lot of deer. I was near hells canyon in about 4K-5K feet of elevation and saw plenty of bear but only about 4 mule deer over the course of 3 days (first-light to night).

4. I'm not looking for the secret spot or where to find a monster, just looking to find some deer.

Im heading back out next week to the unit to give it another shot, it seems like I'm just looking in the wrong elevation but don't know a lot about mule deer behavior at this time of year. Any Information would be really appreciated i'm willing and able to hike to any elevation, PM me Thanks!

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
The deer are probably higher elevation and in sanctuary areas. This time of year you better locate something in the first hour of the day because by 8:30a they will be heading into the cover to bed down. Even in the evening if you are glassing you should look into the shaded areas.