Idaho controlled rifle

Birdman88

Lil-Rokslider
I was lucky enough to draw a controlled tag in one of the southern units. I won’t be hunting until after the beginning of November. My guess is that once the snow starts to pile up the elk will start to head for lower feed. I’ve searched pretty extensively for any kind of map showing migration patterns but for the most part have come up empty handed. Does anyone have a resource for this or any first hand knowledge? Thanks in advance.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I was lucky enough to draw a controlled tag in one of the southern units. I won’t be hunting until after the beginning of November. My guess is that once the snow starts to pile up the elk will start to head for lower feed. I’ve searched pretty extensively for any kind of map showing migration patterns but for the most part have come up empty handed. Does anyone have a resource for this or any first hand knowledge? Thanks in advance.

What unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not aware of many publicly available maps. If I were you, I would not not count on the elk moving much out of their normal places in November… every time I hunt a southern unit I’m disappointed by lack of snow…