Idaho Deer Hunt

Hopeful to do a DIY mule deer hunt in one of those units next season! This North Florida boy could use any info possible. Will pm you when I’m off probation status on this site. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I
I'm going to do something different for next year. I received too many messages and a fair amount were guys who were just takers. It's great when I kind of start to get to know a guy and that only works with a small group. I'll post something up for next year in a while. It works best if someone is fit, hunts in a small group, kinda knows what they're doing as a hunter, and really values the advice. I need to get more info from people so I can determine what makes sense.

If we chatted and you haven't said a word after your hunt, I'm not too stoked.

Braaap

WKR
I'm going to do something different for next year. I received too many messages and a fair amount were guys who were just takers. It's great when I kind of start to get to know a guy and that only works with a small group. I'll post something up for next year in a while. It works best if someone is fit, hunts in a small group, kinda knows what they're doing as a hunter, and really values the advice. I need to get more info from people so I can determine what makes sense.

We chatted via pm several times and the info you provided was very helpful. I never heard back from you on my post hunt update. If you didn't receive it let me know and I'll send it again.

OP
I
This year, the guys I chatted with did pretty well. More success than not overall, though there were a couple guys who had medical issues pop up that took them out of their hunt. Seemed to be a year for missteps and calls from home.

There’s probably five or more guys that went dark. Normally once I’ve chatted with a guy for a while they report back and I share how my season went. This year was kind of different with this post.

Braap, I’ll message you. Must have missed it. Sorry.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This year, the guys I chatted with did pretty well. More success than not overall, though there were a couple guys who had medical issues pop up that took them out of their hunt. Seemed to be a year for missteps and calls from home.

There’s probably five or more guys that went dark. Normally once I’ve chatted with a guy for a while they report back and I share how my season went. This year was kind of different with this post.

Braap, I’ll message you. Must have missed it. Sorry.
Maybe those 5 got lost in the Church lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m planning a hunt with three to four guys in October. I hope to connect with you soon. I value your experience and any advice given. Thanks for taking the time to do what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I
Maybe those 5 got lost in the Church lol

Yeah, they're goners for sure. The Frank eats people up.

One of the injuries happened in the Frank from a fall and I was like hot d***. That is the worst place to potentially have internal injuries.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, they're goners for sure. The Frank eats people up.

One of the injuries happened in the Frank from a fall and I was like hot d***. That is the worst place to potentially have internal injuries.
No kidding. That place is tough on you even on a good day. Gotta be in shape to outrun the wolves and bears.

OP
I
No kidding. That place is tough on you even on a good day. Gotta be in shape to outrun the wolves and bears.

Oh and a guy was going to a part of the Frank that I’d hunted, turned out to be exact same drainages. I helped him with his plan a bit but he was pretty set and knew what he was doing. Afterwards I asked him whether the terrain sketched him out and he’s like yeah I had a little panic attack looking down. I’m like that exact thing happened to me, only time in my hunting career. Pretty funny.

I’ll bite on this. I moved to Lewiston from Alaska Oct of 2018. Me and a buddy hunted the frank this last September. The hunt was a successful and we took a nice mulie. We worked our ass’s off though. Thinking about hunting 28 this October possibly west of panther creek inside the the WMA. PM sent your way idahohiker

Trypad

FNG
I think this was generally a nice thing to do. Area is area these days and everything is getting found via apps these days anyway. Still few amount That want to put in the time.

@Jdcollins86 I also live in lewiston and would love to hear about your adventure.

Trypad it was an amazing hunt! We didn’t see much except for in the mornings and evenings Plus it being a mid September hunt, I felt our timing was off. But BIG mountains, no ATVs, no other hunters. I was pretty nervous from hearing horror stories about hunting Pressure public land in the lower 48. So our goal was to put so distance between us and our truck turns out it worked. We didn’t see another set of boot prints.

Very nice of you to do this. I'll send a PM as soon as I hit the threshold and pick your brain on the 66, 69 units if the offer still stands.

Looking towards my first deer hunt in Idaho this year and will be my first out of state hunt ever. My sons gave me the hunt for my 65th birthday gift this year. A full week to hunt, yes. Oh yes the boys are coming with me. Really looking forward to it. Looking at units 43 and 50 and not sure which one to go with. Maybe there is something better. Sure could use some help. Thanks for any help at all. Email or PM is fine. [email protected]

Ron and sons
Hey guys, if anyone is hunting deer in 19, 20, 20a, 27, 28, 36a, 36b, 37a, 39, 43, 48, 49, 50, 66, 69, 76 Id be happy to chat with you about your plans and potentially share what my buddies or I are finding in the units or what I’ve gathered from scouting via PM. I talk to a lot of guys and enjoy keeping tabs on what’s happening. It’s especially helpful for primarily deer hunters to connect with guys who are more elk hunters like myself.

PM only. Some nonresidents or newer Idaho residents have great plans and others not so much between places that are obvious and will be overrun with hunters and places where you’d get snowed in, etc. haha I’ve heard it all now on here.

The nonresident tags in Idaho are about sold out now so I feel like I’m probably not directing anyone to Idaho by posting this late in the game.

Zeus401

FNG
Looking towards my first deer hunt in Idaho this year and will be my first out of state hunt ever. My sons gave me the hunt for my 65th birthday gift this year. A full week to hunt, yes. Oh yes the boys are coming with me. Really looking forward to it. Looking at units 43 and 50 and not sure which one to go with. Maybe there is something better. Sure could use some help. Thanks for any help at all. Email or PM is fine. [email protected]

Ron and sons
Me and my buddy are also doing our first out of state hunt and looking at the same couple of units! Lol

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
@idahohikker I hunted units 48,49,and 50 in 2018, I plan on hunting em again. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to pm you with some of the details of the hunt and get your opinion. I'd even send some grid coordinates to help pick your brain.