Idaho DFG Website

rjw4

FNG
That was the most stressful hour and a half of my life trying to get through. I got bumped no less than 6 times at checkout but it looks like my transaction processed so hopefully I got the tag I desperately wanted.

sasquatch

WKR
Diamond creek is already sold out! 1.5 hrs

Ik 5 people that were trying and only 2 were able to make it through all the crashes successfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjw4

FNG
If they over sold and send me my money back and I dont get the tag I'll be an inconsolable wreck.

Absolutely painful! On at 11:01 my time and after about 15 crashes, one all the way at payment, I was finally done about 12:15. For about eight straight years I just purchase my Panhandle tag when I got to Idaho, until last year. Wasn't screwing around this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Wow, have never seen it like that. Usually it's a bit slow but damn! So many crashes, by the time I got through, no elk A for me this year ☹️

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
That was classic!...glad I had the wife buy an extra Diamond Creek Tag!. I'll start the bidding at $1000 (obviously then I'll let IDGF know you get to be the lucky one to buy it from them.)

2020 Elk tags and after last year's sell out and Idaho's push to create a premium on there tags by constantly reminding everyone they sold out last year it was a mad dash to get to tags as early as possible.

If you've ever dealt with calling IDFG they you'll know they won't give a crap about the complaints. Infact I'd say this is exactly what they wanted especially leading up to the Non-Resident rate increase that's coming next year.

john2

FNG
Diamond creek is already sold out! 1.5 hrs
Ik 5 people that were trying and only 2 were able to make it through all the crashes successfully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably would have been 5 minutes if the computer system wasn't jammed up.
4 in our group and only 2 got tags, I'm sick, been hunting Diamond Creek since 2006.

2020 Elk tags and after last year's sell out and Idaho's push to create a premium on there tags by constantly reminding everyone they sold out last year it was a mad dash to get to tags as early as possible.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, last years sell out and the fact that they recduced non-resident tags by some 20% or more in Diamond Creek.

kiddogy

WKR
if they raise their prices on NR tags they might be able to upgrade to please them.;)😁

though I doubt it. there is no pleasing a NR.

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I believe they were sold out in less than an hour. Definitely frustrating. How can that much internet traffic be a damn surprise? Was really hoping to introduce a new hunter next year. We both tried from 12:01 until the tag disappeared from the options list. Time to move on.

Attachments

• 71F893D4-4A66-46C9-A8B6-E7CF7D1CF9D8.jpeg
    71F893D4-4A66-46C9-A8B6-E7CF7D1CF9D8.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 90

kiddogy

WKR
I believe they were sold out in less than an hour. Definitely frustrating. How can that much internet traffic be a damn surprise? Was really hoping to introduce a new hunter next year. We both tried from 12:01 until the tag disappeared from the options list. Time to move on.
any good hunter must learn to adapt to succeed. that is the takeaway here.

who knows...….. maybe it was meant to be , so you eventually get the hunt of a lifetime elsewhere.

87TT

WKR
The NR tag money wouldn't even pay for the upgrade on the computers so why would we do it?

MN Hunter

FNG
I agree it was a painful 1.5 hrs last night. Got right in at 12:01, put in my credit card info and CRASH. Tried for the next 1.5 hrs and after 20+ crashes I finally got my tag at 1:26am, success now I can't wait until Sept to chance bulls around.