Idaho DFG Website

Broomd

WKR
E

If approved, the nonresident fees would include (exclusive of vendor fee):

• nonresident combination hunting/fishing license increase from $238.25 to $262.25
  • nonresident hunting license increase from $153 to $183.25
  • nonresident fishing license increase from $96.50 to $106.25
  • nonresident deer tag increase from $300 to $350
  • nonresident elk increase from $415 to $650
And I think they are still cheap.
Getting closer to where they should be for the resource and opportunity. Idaho would be very close to reciprocity in their costs for deer and elk. It's about time.

kiddogy

WKR
Once again, straight from the IDFG website;
The legislative proposals and rule must be approved by the 2020 Legislature to become effective.

If approved, the nonresident fees would include (exclusive of vendor fee):

• nonresident combination hunting/fishing license increase from $238.25 to $262.25
  • nonresident hunting license increase from $153 to $183.25
  • nonresident fishing license increase from $96.50 to $106.25
  • nonresident deer tag increase from $300 to $350
  • nonresident elk increase from $415 to $650
And I think they are still cheap.
so do I .I think they should triple it . people will pay anything for their enjoyment.

kiddogy

WKR
Yep still cheap. To my original point from many post ago, before you were part of the discussion, be careful what you wish for. If there is a loss in revenue it will affect IDFG and eventually they will come looking to recoup lost revenue somewhere. Idaho has a district advantage over every state but Colorado on cost and access. As cost creeps up other states start to look more and more appealing when making choices. With all things being equal I may still choose to come to Idaho but that may change when my father can no longer hunt and it's easier for me to get to other states. But I know you and every other resident on here don't care, we can all just go somewhere else, we get it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
so what? don't come. others will. even if they don't they won't be missed

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
so what? don't come. others will. even if they don't they won't be missed
Oh, I'm still coming to Idaho but eventually will change scenery I'm sure and your going to miss "us" in 10-20 years is my guess. Also, I have a good realtor friend, he's licensed in CA and ID, let me know if anyone needs a contact. :)

87TT

WKR
I don't think a lifetime license would pay for most unless they go way way up. Like triple. Maybe if you were real young. If you were 51, bought it and hunted until you were maybe 80 or older.

GregB

WKR
At the current prices it would take about 30 years to pay for itself, so if you think you have that many years of hunting left then yes.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have one and then leave Idaho. When you apply for a once in a lifetime species you'll draw in the resident pool. Kick myself for moving without purchasing one.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

So, explain to us why residents should pay more because you think NR already pay enough? That argument will never hold water. Montana NR tags are 20x the resident rates and they have no problem selling out.

A lot of the 2nd tags used to be bought up by residents, but that's changed quite a bit the last few years as NR have bought most of the tags up before Aug 1st, so in reality, there are more NR hunters than before.

57% of revenue encompasses all NR fees. Guys need to stop acting like that's all coming from elk tags. A lot of that revenue is coming from fishing, upland bird hunters etc etc.

The population in Idaho has grown tremendously, but 90% of those who moved in would rather see hunting stopped than to take part in it. They need to change Ada county plates from 1A to BA because it's becoming the Bay Area north.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It won't hold water but I'll say it as simple and plain as I can for all those people who read this but don't comment.

Let's beak it down to the basics.

1. The basis for the change is resident complaining that NR are actually buy the quotas that had been in place for years. Not a management issue not a long-term sustainably issue but a complaint because you blame NR for your lack of success.

2. If you actually look at the proposal document on the IDFG website that you all claim to be the only true source of information. The actual document and the additional information available tells the story. Cut NR tags, raise prices to NR substantially and yes infact reduced prices for resident, by only dollars here and there but infact a decrease in many areas such as tag prices, permit prices, ect.

3. Why would I dare suggest that a resident pay more? It's pretty simple. I've hunted Idaho for 8 years. By current prices over that time I've paid what a resident would pay to hunt elk for 88 years, more than a life time of hunting elk. Could even be more then you and your children have contributed on elk tag and license basis alone in your lifetime depending on your age and length of residency. So I'd say we are doing our part.

4. The idea that your just keeping up with other state is bullsh*t. Your keeping up with 2 states, MT and WY and guess what, they're bulsh*t too. I don't care that you pay $1100 to hunt elk there, that's on whoever chooses to hunt there.

I and I'm sure others others used to appreciate that the average guy could afford to come and hunt Idaho with some planning and some saving.

sneaky

"DADDY"
It won't hold water but I'll say it as simple and plain as I can for all those people who read this but don't comment.

Let's beak it down to the basics.

1. The basis for the change is resident complaining that NR are actually buy the quotas that had been in place for years. Not a management issue not a long-term sustainably issue but a complaint because you blame NR for your lack of success.

2. If you actually look at the proposal document on the IDFG website that you all claim to be the only true source of information. The actual document and the additional information available tells the story. Cut NR tags, raise prices to NR substantially and yes infact reduced prices for resident, by only dollars here and there but infact a decrease in many areas such as tag prices, permit prices, ect.

3. Why would I dare suggest that a resident pay more? It's pretty simple. I've hunted Idaho for 8 years. By current prices over that time I've paid what a resident would pay to hunt elk for 88 years, more than a life time of hunting elk. Could even be more then you and your children have contributed on elk tag and license basis alone in your lifetime depending on your age and length of residency. So I'd say we are doing our part.

4. The idea that your just keeping up with other state is bullsh*t. Your keeping up with 2 states, MT and WY and guess what, they're bulsh*t too. I don't care that you pay $1100 to hunt elk there, that's on whoever chooses to hunt there.

I and I'm sure others others used to appreciate that the average guy could afford to come and hunt Idaho with some planning and some saving.

Negative goat rider. Colorado costs more than Idaho does too, as well as Nevada. I could care less how much you've contributed, all of us have, I spent my fair share as a NR before moving to Idaho. Go hunt Utah. It's the cheapest option by far, and they love NR money. There's more whining over Idaho prices than any other state, that gets old. I guess guys want the days of $10k brand new pickups, $0.75 cent gas, and $20 elk tags. Those days are gone. If you're looking for sympathy over higher tag prices, it's in the dictionary, right between shit and syphilis.

Negative goat rider. Colorado costs more than Idaho does too, as well as Nevada. I could care less how much you've contributed, all of us have, I spent my fair share as a NR before moving to Idaho. Go hunt Utah. It's the cheapest option by far, and they love NR money. There's more whining over Idaho prices than any other state, that gets old. I guess guys want the days of $10k brand new pickups, $0.75 cent gas, and $20 elk tags. Those days are gone. If you're looking for sympathy over higher tag prices, it's in the dictionary, right between shit and syphilis.

Don't need your sympathy GOAT rider. Live in Nevada So I know the cost here. We also have a tiny elk population compared to our surrounding states. If your going to split hairs over $30-50 bucks between Idaho and Colorado then I guess you can but all your justification continually points to MT and WY. And guess what, I wasn't even alive for all that B.S. you want to bring up. I'm also glad that you pointed out that you moved to Idaho, confirming one of my suspicions about alot of the big anti NR crowd. Glad you now have the moral high ground. How many years of residency does it take to get that merit badge? Just curious to know before I call my realtor.

87TT

WKR
You should go to Colorado. More elk and cheaper.........soon. Or California, $1500 for an elk tag for NR

You should go to Colorado. More elk and cheaper.........soon. Or California, $1500 for an elk tag for NR
Did last year, hunting was great, coming back to Idaho just to piss you off. Elk harvest is going to have an extra sense of satisfaction this year. Thanks for caring.

jetsled

FNG
Yes sir....Idaho, taking care of Idaho. And somehow that upsets entitled millennials like yourself. Owed everything. Earned and given nothing. Like I've stated before, its unfortunate for the good ole boys who have appreciated and respected this state for years. "Our Tags." ....That pretty much sums it up......Bad look man.

Yes sir....Idaho, taking care of Idaho. And somehow that upsets entitled millennials like yourself. Owed everything. Earned and given nothing. Like I've stated before, its unfortunate for the good ole boys who have appreciated and respected this state for years. "Our Tags." ....That pretty much sums it up......Bad look man.

They are allocated to NR so they are our tags until 8/1. Bad look is a bunch of complaining resident because NR actually buy the tags in the quota that has been in place for years and now it's a problem. Bad look is blaming others for your short comings. As I said before my non resident tag fees have paid for more then life time of a residents elk hunting so I've contributed. And I'm not a millennial, earned everything I have and will continue to do so but it a convient for you to assume so go ahead, whatever makes you feel better.