Idaho Diamond Creek A Elk tag swap/refund

Colby3

FNG
This is just a FYI . As you may have heard the Idaho Diamond Creek A tag for Elk sold out in a hour and a half. There were alot of hunting parties that only one or two guys were able to get tags. This is the email i received from IDFG when I ask about a tag swap/refund

Thank you for contacting us about sales that began December 1, 2019.

As you know the Diamond Creek A elk tags sold out. We are not able to make additional tags available.

We can offer those who purchased a tag a couple of options. You can exchange the tag for a different zone that still has tags available at no additional cost to you so that you and your group can hunt elk in Idaho together or if you do not want to continue with the elk hunt in Idaho this year you may send the original license and tag with a written request for a full refund to:

IDFG Licenses - Refund Request
P.O. Box 25
Boise, ID 83707

If you wish to request a refund, please submit the request no later than January 31, 2020.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
And don't forget to call IDGF and put yourself on the waiting list to snatch up all the tags that get turned back in if your wanting a DC tag.

Rob5589

WKR
Cool of them to exchange or refund tags. As far as the waiting list; my buddy and I were 3 & 4 on the list in 2016 and never got a call.

moeleo

WKR
Friend of mine called for this waiting list. Called and talked with multiple people, from what he was told there is no waiting list this year, they will be sold later in 2020 on a first come first serve basis again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Idaho has by far done the best job of creating all out panic around certain tags and tags in general...through emails, social media posts and press releases. I’m truly impressed.
Gotta go now...I need to get back to my war room and figure out how I’m gonna get a sawtooth tag this year.

john2

FNG
This is just a FYI . As you may have heard the Idaho Diamond Creek A tag for Elk sold out in a hour and a half. There were alot of hunting parties that only one or two guys were able to get tags. This is the email i received from IDFG when I ask about a tag swap/refund

Thank you for contacting us about sales that began December 1, 2019.

As you know the Diamond Creek A elk tags sold out. We are not able to make additional tags available.

We can offer those who purchased a tag a couple of options. You can exchange the tag for a different zone that still has tags available at no additional cost to you so that you and your group can hunt elk in Idaho together or if you do not want to continue with the elk hunt in Idaho this year you may send the original license and tag with a written request for a full refund to:

IDFG Licenses - Refund Request
P.O. Box 25
Boise, ID 83707

If you wish to request a refund, please submit the request no later than January 31, 2020.

Good to know, thanks for posting this. This is the exact situation I am in right now. 2 of the 4 of us got a tag and it has put us in a bind. Have been hunting here with my brother every year since 2006 so it is very disappointing but life goes on lol.

Regards,
John

sneaky

"DADDY"
Refund? From Idaho? Lol. They've been the biggest a-holes when it comes to refunding tags I've ever seen. My buddy broke his ankle before our hunt a couple of years ago, they wanted proof from his doctor, him to send in his tag, and I quote "you may receive a refund". He asked what that meant, and they told him he may or may not be reimbursed for the tag. He then asked what they would do with it, they told him they would sell it to those on the wait list. I can't put on here what he told them, but I've heard from several others this was what they were told as well. Maybe they've received enough flak for it and are changing it, but there's no way in hell I'd send them a tag without a 100% guarantee in print or email form that I'd be getting my money back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I injured my hand and they were more than accommodating on refunding and transferring my tag to my buddy. At the last minute I decided to keep it and a guy here from Rokslide stepped up and transferred his tag to my buddy so he could hunt with his brothers one more time before the quota reduction.

I was only able to get out for a few days but it was with my kid and he had a great time. Overall it was a win-win and the F & G office was very easy to work with.