Idaho draw results

freebird

WKR
How early does everyone think it will be for Idaho draw results? as they did away with paper applications do you think it will be faster then in the past? With this new system I wonder if the back door will still work?

jmcd22

WKR
Last year was damn near middle of July but they were still accepting paper applications and had an entirely new system. Hoping for this week as the sheep, goat and moose draws only took two weeks but we shall see. I would say by the end of the month for sure though.

Ewaragnar

Lil-Rokslider
This announcement says July 10 if I am reading it right...

Attachments

• 7A5715D3-C100-4433-AFF5-D35552F929D7.png
    7A5715D3-C100-4433-AFF5-D35552F929D7.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 69

Ewaragnar

Lil-Rokslider
Well it does say “by” the 10th, which is code for we want to see how many times you’ll login to look between now and then. I don’t understand Idaho and the lag with their contractor.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
Their general policy for the last several years is that you will be notified by mail no later than July 10th. The results, save last year, are typically out online late June. I have lived here and hunted my whole life, and I have never understood why Idaho is so late changing seasons, regs, and draw results. Game management agencies in every state have the same data gathering and analysis tasks to complete to set seasons and conduct draws. I've never received an answer from anyone that made any sense.

Their general policy for the last several years is that you will be notified by mail no later than July 10th. The results, save last year, are typically out online late June. I have lived here and hunted my whole life, and I have never understood why Idaho is so late changing seasons, regs, and draw results. Game management agencies in every state have the same data gathering and analysis tasks to complete to set seasons and conduct draws. I've never received an answer from anyone that made any sense.
As for the draw, hopefully things will be a bit faster now that they eliminated the mail-in apps. I've got my own theory on why they wait so long. In my mind, there isn't any reason why they can't run the regular controlled hunt period at the same time as the OIL species.